Postings about donating, selling or re-selling any drugs are not allowed on this board. Thank you for your cooperation. Anyone who posts about donating, buying or selling drugs will be banned from this board. If you need to contact the board monitor send an email message to: Over 40 High FSH Board Monitor


 Return to Index  


July 20 2012 at 12:40 PM
No score for this post
Holly  (no login)

Hi Gals:

I don't post very often but I ALWAYS appreciate feedback. I'll start with my numbers: CC Test FSH = 13.7; Follicle count 9; AMH level .11; 39 years old - 40 end of Oct. TTC for 3 years; PG naturally in January which ended in spontaneous abortion at 20 weeks - Downs. One daughter - 6 years old.

Ok, I live in Wa State. I've been working through Seattle Reproductive. Their cutoff on FSH is around 14/15. I just got the preliminary on my meds for this first cycle in August and its around $5000. I have a $40,000 lifetime benefit through my husband's insurance for IVF. That INCLUDES meds. After I found out how much the meds were going to cost I asked the clinic to give me a breakdown of the rest of the cycle including ICSI. The total cost including the meds was around $18,300 (13,300 for the cycle).

That means I'll most likely only get two cycles out of my benefit (maybe that's normal for a woman my age). Now here's where I'm in a quandry. Don't know if I'm over thinking this or what. I'm not opposed to paying that amount if I know I have the BEST. When I mean the BEST I'm referring to a doctor that sees my numbers day in and day out and still can perform a miracle. My RE at Seattle Reproductive (which I really like) assures me that he's treated lots of woman in the same boat. The clinic has a good success rate for women in my age group (30-35% PG rates). I think my RE told me that I have roughly a 40% chance of becoming pregnant in each cycle and a 25% chance of a live birth. If I committed to 3 cycles he thought I'd have a 80% chance of becoming PG and 50% chance of live birth.

So ladies, do I travel outside the state to see a better RE then what I'm dealing with now keeping in mind the costs? Do you think I should stay where I'm at or go to someone better equipped for my situation? Or, does it really matter? I don't want to blow this gift due to convenience. If any of you out there are dealing with really great RE's that are specialized for our situation (women approaching or over 40) would you let me know.

This is a huge decision and I need a little nudge one way or the other.

Thank as always!


Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

  • well if you are informed (success ment) - jkl on Jul 20, 2012, 1:21 PM
  • I'd say consider IVF with Z.I.F.T. - Kim on Jul 20, 2012, 1:24 PM
  • I would stay with them. (DE ment) - Raindrops1 on Jul 20, 2012, 3:14 PM
  • Re: HELP! NEED ADVICE ON UPCOMING IVF AND RE CHOICE - di_nyc on Jul 20, 2012, 3:59 PM
    Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement