Postings about donating, selling or re-selling any drugs are not allowed on this board. Thank you for your cooperation. Anyone who posts about donating, buying or selling drugs will be banned from this board. If you need to contact the board monitor send an email message to: Over 40 High FSH Board Monitor

Return to Index  

Hi Ladies! Met with Oregon Reproductive and here's what Dr. Hesla says on Genetic Testing

August 9 2012 at 11:04 AM
No score for this post
  (no login)

Hi Guys:

I followed up on MIR's advice and met with Dr. Hesla of Oregon Reproductive yesterday. I asked him why their numbers for DOR are so much better then other clinics and he stated that they are genetic testing most of their embryos prior to transfer. They're waiting till day 5 to test and they are sampling from the placenta, not the embryo. He says it's very similar to early pregnancy testing with CVS. Due to the amount of time it takes to receive the results, they freeze the eggs and transfer on a different cycle but his results are impressive. If they can retrieve good eggs, those eggs have a 90% chance of making it through the thawing process and a 70% chance of live birth.

I always thought fresh cycles were much better then frozen but maybe that's just a difference in labs. Also, I was under the impression that genetic testing compromised the egg integrity but Dr. Hesla commented that they have found quite the contrary. By implementing this procedure they have increased their success rates in women our age with our diagnosis. After going through 2 miscarriages with one resulting in a spontaneous abortion I can tell you that I definitely want to thwart that at all costs.

Obviously this route is more expensive and will probably limit the amount of cycles I can do (financially) but if my odds are better maybe it's a safer route?? Just wanted to get all your thoughts. I didn't get this message at all from Seattle Reproductive. They felt it wouldn't improve success and could hurt what good eggs I have. Interesting!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses