Postings about donating, selling or re-selling any drugs are not allowed on this board. Thank you for your cooperation. Anyone who posts about donating, buying or selling drugs will be banned from this board. If you need to contact the board monitor send an email message to: Over 40 High FSH Board Monitor

Return to Index  

In a similar boat

August 17 2012 at 2:29 PM
No score for this post
  (Login MissMoka)

Response to FSH 19.4, E2 240, day 20, 41 year old, single

Hi there, I am also 41, single and just began the process. Just yesterday I received my FSH levels, they were 22 (0ver 10 apparently is not good) and my estrogen was low. I was told by the person that called that that means I have low ovarian reserve (poor quality/quantity eggs)and am possibly perimenopausal...how depressing. The"M" word!

I just made an appt with my Dr and I will see him on Monday to have this all explained to me. Everything online that focusing on women over 40 with high FSH does not sound promising. I read that pregnancy using IUI on a woman over 40 has about a 5% success rate, again, not promising. I have already ordered donor sperm.

I know there are many women out there that have success stories to share, so I am still hopeful.

I was with a man that after 4 years decided that he no longer wanted this relationship and took my last fertile years with him. I decided to create my own future as a single Mom. This is clearly my last resort, but has become my ONLY option as time is no longer on my side.

If you would like to chat privately, given we are in a similar situation, I can give you my email or Blackberry PIN, let me know.

It's nice to not feel so alone. It's been a rough month.

S~

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement