Postings about donating, selling or re-selling any drugs are not allowed on this board. Thank you for your cooperation. Anyone who posts about donating, buying or selling drugs will be banned from this board. If you need to contact the board monitor send an email message to: Over 40 High FSH Board Monitor

Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • A couple of questions
    • DeeinNYC (no login)
      Posted Sep 20, 2011 5:19 PM

Did he really say that Day 5 is the way to go even if you have one embie? I'm surprised by that. I guess he really just believes that if you can't make it to day Day 5 you will not make it period. He wanted a Day 5 transfer for me for my first cycle but I was too scared and asked him to do Day 3. He let me do Day 3...no problem..but his argument for me was not only his belief that Day 5 is the way to go...but he wanted to select the best embies and as he said..so much changes from Day3 to Day 5 and I've come to see that he was right. Also...that was the only BFN cycle I had with him...likely having more to do with the quality of my embies that cycle however...but who knows. In your case....I don't get it. What's the reasoning to wait around until Day 5 with one embie? I do trust him greatly...I'm just not getting the rationale here.

Second..did he say he never had IUI success with an 41 year old or over or with a 41 year old with your stats...FSH, ovarian reserve etc? I did an IUI with him at 43 because the insurance company made us do it and while he said the chances were slim...he said it could happen. Maybe I didn't ask the right question!!
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)