Postings about donating, selling or re-selling any drugs are not allowed on this board. Thank you for your cooperation. Anyone who posts about donating, buying or selling drugs will be banned from this board. If you need to contact the board monitor send an email message to: Over 40 High FSH Board Monitor

Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Di_NYC- Info re: Intralipid Dosage
    • DeeinNYC (Login DeeinNYC)
      Posted Oct 20, 2011 11:20 AM

Hi Di,

Just following up on your post below about Dr. T saying not to worry if the intralipid tests results from Rosalind Franklin indicate that our NK activity will not decrease all that much with the use of intralipids. As I said before, my results according to the lab tests run by RF basically say that intralipid therapy will not bring down my NK cells. Well, I asked Dr. T about his dosage and he said that basically the dosage that he gives is 25x's more than the dosage on that test and that which most Dr.;s prescribe so I am not to rely upon that. He said that basically, most people use 4cc's of the 100cc units of intralipids based upon following Dr. Coulam who is a noted Reproductive Immunologist. He said that he used to do this too until he realized that this dosage just was not working for many of his patients and he found out that there was no basis for this 4cc dosage amount...that it was random. Also...the intralipids are completely safe..so..why not? Makes sense to me.

So his dosage is 100cc's and not 4 cc's like most. According to him he has seen results as effective as using IVIG in many cases with this dosage and has had better outcomes. So..hopefully that is good news for us. That made me feel so much better.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement