Postings about donating, selling or re-selling any drugs are not allowed on this board. Thank you for your cooperation. Anyone who posts about donating, buying or selling drugs will be banned from this board. If you need to contact the board monitor send an email message to: Over 40 High FSH Board Monitor

Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Thyroid, Ovaries, Adrenals
    • ann (no login)
      Posted Feb 11, 2012 12:08 AM

Just found this in the comment section after a related article. Thyroid antibodies can attack ovaries & cause POF, & attack Adrenal system:

Weight gain is the primary side-effect from hypothyroidism and I went through menopause at 28 as a result. Menopause does not always happen - but only if the antibodies attack the ovaries as well as the thyroid, which happened in my case. Don't say it is not a result when you don't know. I have lived with this autoimmune disease for 30 years. If it keeps progressing, it wreaks havoc on your body. The step after attacking the ovaries is attacking the adrenal system which can cause horrible panic attacks as well.

Read more:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2098443/Karolina-Kurkova-reveals-thyroid-problem-caused-premature-menopause-30lb-weight-gain-panic-attacks.html#ixzz1m2vchEja
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)