Postings about donating, selling or re-selling any drugs are not allowed on this board. Thank you for your cooperation. Anyone who posts about donating, buying or selling drugs will be banned from this board. If you need to contact the board monitor send an email message to: Over 40 High FSH Board Monitor

Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • femara, clomid, testosterone, and a tiny boost
    • BroodyHen (no login)
      Posted May 15, 2012 11:06 AM

a lot of recent posts are of great interest to me, so thanks ladies happy.gif

i have decided to try femara this cycle. in researching it, i came across some info that femara may, by stopping estrogen production, increase testosterone. then mel posted about testosterone and shared some interesting studies about t levels. what do you think? is this similar to what MIR & B are talking about with clomid? i know femara and clomid are different mechanisms, but maybe the end result is the same with a boost to testosterone inverse to suppression of estrogen. is there something to the process of "naturally" increasing FSH via clomid or femara vs. increasing FSH by taking FSH?

when i asked my RE about femara she said that it has a slowing effect while follistim has a growing effect. for me, when i have just done low-stim my cycle is accelerated and i ovulate 2 or 3 days early, which has only allowed for around 7 days of stims. others have posted about how there is an optimal number of days to stim, and i fear 7 days is too short. my RE agrees, and thinks that by starting with the femara for 5 days it will slow my cycle while coaxing more follicles (from my crop of 5 antrals, one of which was already at 11 on CD2, which worries me but doesn't worry my RE. i'm afraid i'm not going to get more than one). then i'm going to add 75 follistim for a few days and see what i've got. i'm going to start testing for my LH surge way early, though, because i'm still afraid i'm going to miss it. anyway, antonialisa had posted about c.heck's tiny boost protocol, which is really interesting. adding the 75 follistim around day 8 seems a bit like a tiny boost, doesn't it? interesting that clomid or femara followed by a tiny boost might be a winning protocol. i certainly hope so!

i've never tried femara and this is a different protocol for me, so i'm kind of excited and nervous about it. we'll see...

if you are interested, i'm interested in your thoughts. thanks again, everyone!
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)