Postings about donating, selling or re-selling any drugs are not allowed on this board. Thank you for your cooperation. Anyone who posts about donating, buying or selling drugs will be banned from this board. If you need to contact the board monitor send an email message to: Over 40 High FSH Board Monitor

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

FSH level & Ovarian Cyst

November 28 2005 at 3:55 PM
No score for this post
Elmild  (no login)

Hello,

I am just exploring the possibility of TTC. I just turned 43, am married 7 months. (My first husband departed our marriage in the midst of being treated by an RE after my miscarriages and then infertility.)

My FSH last month was 26.3 (it was done late in my cycle by my family physician--not on day 3). My new RE said I've got < 1% chance of pregnancy, and he would not take me as an IVF candidate, due to my history (DES-exposed, miscarriages).

I had the FSH redone on day 3 this cycle. The number came back 1.9 and my estradiol was very high (I forget the number at the moment). I have 2 cysts--one on my left ovary and one on my right. The RE is thinking that there is a functional cyst producing the estrogen and that the low FSH result is due to the estrogen's effect.

Anyone have any experience, insight, or advice?

This is my first post. Thanks for taking a look at my question, (and please forgive my unfamiliarity with any acronyms!)

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
micha
(no login)

Hi Elmild

No score for this post
November 28 2005, 7:37 PM 

I'm sorry you've been through so much, but I wanted to let you know there is hope. MY 44 year old friend recently had a baby (with an FSH of 30+). Cysts just mess up the cycle they appear in. They come and go. Waiting for a good cycle and finding a good RE is important. As for the DES issues, I hope someone has answers for you here....Just keep seeking for your answers. You'll find a wealth of info here. Good luck! micha

Elmild
(no login)

Thanks, micha

No score for this post
November 29 2005, 4:05 PM 

I love hearing those stories, as I know we all do. Good luck to you, too!

And, you're right, I'm amazed at this resource. I wish I had access to something like this forum when I first had to cope with infertility (13 years ago, before I had a computer, and before there were such developed communities as this online).

janeo
(no login)

cysts

No score for this post
November 29 2005, 12:04 AM 

welcome!

i have had cysts which would not go away - they caused me to have the same trouble you have - very low fsh and very high estrodile. i had a laparoscopy done and they found endometriosis. i had a lot of the scar tissue removed and the cysts drained. now i have fsh of 11 and E2 of 44.

acupuncture also helps get rid of the cysts. wait out and few cuycles and see if the cysts go away - if they don't, you may wanna have a lap done.

good luck! keepp trying!

janeO

Elmild
(no login)

Thanks, janeo

No score for this post
November 29 2005, 4:08 PM 

I'll ask about the lap tomorrow at a high-risk obgyn I'm meeting with. Thanks.

Current Topic - FSH level & Ovarian Cyst
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index