Postings about donating, selling or re-selling any drugs are not allowed on this board. Thank you for your cooperation. Anyone who posts about donating, buying or selling drugs will be banned from this board. If you need to contact the board monitor send an email message to: Over 40 High FSH Board Monitor

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Sue Herera, CNBC anchor PG at 47???? (DE/adopt ment'd)

February 23 2006 at 6:55 PM
No score for this post
Murph  (no login)

Can someone please read this article and tell me what they think? It is in January's issue of Good Housekeeping. It is called Full House. It is about a woman named Sue Herera who is an anchor on CNBC's Power Lunch (I've never seen it) She lives in NJ. I need to see her RE asap.

Long story short...
Married 20+ years. Struggled with IF.Had several miscarriages. Decided to adopt at around age 45/46??? Soon before her trip to China she discovered she was preggers. She went on to deliver a healthy boy at around age 47??? (she started with twins)

Based on events from article, I'm trying to piece together information about her age. Some parts are sketchy, so I'd love to get your opinions. Of course it's always encouraging to hear of a 45+ woman getting PG with her own eggs.

However, here is the part for discussion. The article states that Sue's fertility doctor
"suggested they try another treatment" (this could be DE??? or it could be a different protocol)
"Sue consented, not wanting to pass up any option" I repeat...option. Is option the key word in reading between the lines? I'm guessing that it may be a key to inferring that it may have been DE.

I'm not trying to start a controversial topic. I'm truly trying to get to the heart of this. If in fact she did get PG with her own eggs at 47...there may be a speckle of hope. But, I'm betting it is DE. The truth of the matter is...we'll just never know!

So, if I do go DE, I can take comfort in the fact that others may never truly know how I became PG at age 46!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(no login)

I would assume it was DE.

No score for this post
February 24 2006, 1:39 PM 

no doubt. seems they rarely mention it outright in news stories, like the 62 year old they just said ivf.

Anonymous
(no login)

I also assume it is DE

No score for this post
February 24 2006, 3:30 PM 

I know you want to believe it's her own eggs, but looking at the stats I would be hard pressed to believe a clinic got a 47yr old woman PG through ART. I think in those few cases where it does happen, it does so naturally. Just look at Coopers stats over a 7 year period, only one 45 year old and no one above that. Sorry.

Current Topic - Sue Herera, CNBC anchor PG at 47???? (DE/adopt ment'd)
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement