Postings about donating, selling or re-selling any drugs are not allowed on this board. Thank you for your cooperation. Anyone who posts about donating, buying or selling drugs will be banned from this board. If you need to contact the board monitor send an email message to: Over 40 High FSH Board Monitor

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

E2 Level on Day 9 of IVF

September 3 2008 at 10:35 AM
No score for this post
NancyKC  (Login NancyKC)

Hi ladies, I'm fairly new to the board but have learned so much in the past few weeks from reading all of your posts so I thank you for your wisdom, positive thoughts and am so happy for all of those with the recent BFP's!

I'm in the midst of my 2nd IVF attempt (last month I converted to IUI due to lack of response), but this month I'm hoping I'll actually make it to ER. Yesterday (Day 9 of Stims) I had 6 follies which is the best I'll probably ever do as my FSH is 14 and I'm 41. The follies were 8, 8, 10, 10, 10, 11. My E2 was 266 having risen from 54 on Day 6. I am happy that I have a lot of follies and am also happy that my E2 keeps rising (slowly but surely) but am concerned that the E2 is low as it relates to the # of follies? Does it mean that I may only have one or two follies with actual eggs or is it too soon for me to know?

Also, I started taking the Ganirelix/Antagon shot yesterday and will continue to do so daily until my trigger.

I'm just so nervous that the RE will say we should convert to IUI if my E2 is too low but I really want to push for the IVF bec I've had 8 failed IUI's on high stims.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!
NancyKC

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
summerwind03
(no login)

Great response!

No score for this post
September 3 2008, 10:52 AM 

Nope, I think you're doing just great. You wouldn't expect a higher e2 level given that your largest follie is just an 11. Also, be prepared for a bit of an e2 dip or slow growth, due to the ganirelex. It should catch back up. You want an e2 of approx 200 per MATURE follie, so that's a ways away still.

NancyKC
(Login NancyKC)

Thanks!

No score for this post
September 3 2008, 11:16 AM 

Appreciate the insight, I feel better and realize that I just need to be patient (which isnt easy!)

Thanks!

Current Topic - E2 Level on Day 9 of IVF
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement