Postings about donating, selling or re-selling any drugs are not allowed on this board. Thank you for your cooperation. Anyone who posts about donating, buying or selling drugs will be banned from this board. If you need to contact the board monitor send an email message to: Over 40 High FSH Board Monitor

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Amount of Vitex in FertilAid?

January 14 2011 at 7:26 PM
No score for this post
Medina  (no login)

Good evening, Laidies!

I was wondering if anyone knew how much Vitex was in FertilAid. I'm debating between getting FertilAid for about $19/bottle vs Vitex for less than $5/bottle.

Thanks!

M.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Medina
(no login)

And if I could piggyback on my own question...

No score for this post
January 14 2011, 7:43 PM 

I was wondering what you ladies prefer here, plain Vitex or FertilAid? Just looking for your personal opinions and experiences.

Thanks again,
M.

Jamie B.
(no login)

Re: Amount of Vitex in FertilAid?

No score for this post
January 14 2011, 10:33 PM 

I took Fertailaid for a few cycles. I liked it. Just felt like I was getting a well rounded supplement. No reason for stopping. Oh, maybe I stopped when I did IVF, then started on pre natal and one vitex a day. I don't know how much vitex is in Fertailaid, it's proprietary.

Mey
(Login meytal)

Can Vitex ve taken while HRT?

No score for this post
January 15 2011, 4:06 AM 

I wanted to buy it (fluid vitex) but have been told its not good to be taken while using hormones like BCP or estradiol. Since Im on "Estrogen therapy" and using ethinyl estradiol and estradiol I decided not to try the Vitex yet.

Another question: my problem is not only the very high fsh (25 - 40) bt the very long periods and rare ovulations (last time on May 2010). Do you think Vitex can help me?!

Medina, I think we've discussed this before - inspite of my situation I usually feel my ovaries (especially the left) and I'm not willing to give up yet.

Jamie B.
(no login)

Hmmmmm...(menopause ment)

No score for this post
January 15 2011, 9:13 AM 

Have you tried DHEA? My personal opinion is you are better off going that route. I think vitex is more subtle, and you need more aggressive. There was as study in Italy of women taking DHEA and it brought them out of menopause, brought on their period and they were able to conceive. I know it's controversial on this board, just letting you know what I've read. I just don't think Vitex is going to do it.

KarenGH
(Login krgh)

Hey, Jamie B

No score for this post
January 16 2011, 10:10 AM 

That study sounds very interesting. Do you by chance have a link to it (or the abstract)?

dreamsofbaby
(no login)

Not Jamie but here is one of the original studies

No score for this post
January 16 2011, 10:23 AM 

Mey
(Login meytal)

Thanks. I will try Vitex not on HRT

No score for this post
January 17 2011, 12:08 PM 

and I'm takink DHEA, it didnt help me- last ovulation was 6 months ago sad.gif

(Login krgh)

Thanks for taking the time to post that link. nt

No score for this post
January 19 2011, 1:36 PM 

-

Jamie B.
(no login)

Re: Can Vitex ve taken while HRT?

No score for this post
January 15 2011, 9:14 AM 

Not sure about taking vitex with estinyl, but I think the answer is not recommended.

(Login krgh)

I'm thinking maybe it can.

No score for this post
January 16 2011, 10:17 AM 

I was recently doing some long searches through the old posts on these boards re: Vitex and I recall that someone (maybe Alex?) on the regular high FSH board mentioned using Vitex while taking BCP's. She was doing periodic u/s to determine when to start her IVF stim cycle while taking BCP's. I think her doc was trying the BCP's to see if they could maximize her antral follicles before starting stims. She apparently was taking Vitex prior to starting the BCP's and continued it. She kept having antral follicles available during every scan. I regret that I apparently didn't bookmark the thread as I did a few while searching. But maybe I can find it again.

So, I think perhaps the Vitex would help lower FSH and LH some. It would probably be trial and error to see how it works for you while taking the two together, however, since we all seem to respond individually to these things.

Medina
(no login)

I'm on HRT...

No score for this post
January 18 2011, 6:58 PM 

My RE okayed FertilAid.

Mey, I don't remember discussing it with you, but then I've been having memory issues since the whole menopause/poi/pof thing. I still feel O-pains in my left ovary mainly, also and I did have a natural AF back at the end of Sept10, 2-3 weeks after returning from my beach vacation. So yeah, I'm not giving up just yet, either, so good for you!!

M

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Can Vitex ve taken while HRT?

No score for this post
December 18 2012, 8:33 AM 

Current Topic - Amount of Vitex in FertilAid?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index