Postings about donating, selling or re-selling any drugs are not allowed on this board. Thank you for your cooperation. Anyone who posts about donating, buying or selling drugs will be banned from this board. If you need to contact the board monitor send an email message to: Over 40 High FSH Board Monitor

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

I want a glass of wine with dinner...

October 16 2011 at 4:40 PM
No score for this post
BabyDance  (no login)

So tired of worrying about everything I eat and drink and a bit down today and can't stop thinking about the crazy ex wife being the most horrible person, yet she has the kid she never wanted. When I feel this way, it get so negative about my situation and feel hopeless, I feel like my follies won't grow, then they usually don't. I sometimes wonder if I just had the glass of wine, I'd relax more and it would be better for my follies. Something needs to stop the pain. Thanks for listening.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login di_nyc)

Re: I want a glass of wine with dinner...

No score for this post
October 16 2011, 5:03 PM 

Unless the doctor says you absolutely can't have any alcohol, I'd go ahead and have a glass of wine if it will really make you feel better. (In my case it's pie or ice cream, but I understand the impulse... and feeling like I'm depriving myself and restricting just makes me more fixated on whatever it is I feel like I can't or shouldn't have, and that doesn't help me relax.)

BD
(no login)

Thanks Di.

No score for this post
October 16 2011, 5:18 PM 

Hope you are well. You know, half the battle is getting it out and not holding it in. I felt better immediately after I wrote the post. I do just feel the alcohol is really bad for the eggs, so I don't want to have it, but dessert could work! I think I will go in that direction, but you are right, deprevation is not good. XoxoBD

SMRC
(no login)

Do whatever will relax you a bit

No score for this post
October 16 2011, 7:01 PM 

Although I don't have the science to prove it, I just don't think a single glass of wine will really effect your cycle - it seems in any case to outweigh you feeling stressed/low/negative and depleting your mental strength. Maybe compromise and have 1/2 glass of wine + dessert + a bath + a trashy magazine or two... happy.gif Hang in there. SMRC

Yvonne
(no login)

I say have a small glass of red wine

No score for this post
October 16 2011, 8:44 PM 

You have to feel comfortable of course - but I honestly believe that red wine will do good - not bad... It has natural resveratrol in it.. My previous acupuncturist believed that a good glass of red wine a few days a week would do us good - not bad.

(Login janeejane)

Treat yourself With a small glass of something good

No score for this post
October 21 2011, 6:42 AM 

I often feel the same. I do remember reading a BBC article a while ago which said no more than 6 uk units a week as any more had an effect on fertility. I rarely drink now days but some times at business dinners or weddings I feel so left out also not drinking frequently leads to questions about being pregnant which can lead to even more emotions. It's not v socially acceptable in the uk not to drink and in London no one really drives socially so that's not an excuse! Anyway my treat is to have one glass of something v high quality that I like. I have had more single glasses of champagne since IF lol but they do make me feel better.

Current Topic - I want a glass of wine with dinner...
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index