Postings about donating, selling or re-selling any drugs are not allowed on this board. Thank you for your cooperation. Anyone who posts about donating, buying or selling drugs will be banned from this board. If you need to contact the board monitor send an email message to: Over 40 High FSH Board Monitor

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Dh abstained WAY TOO long & Iui is tomorrow :(

May 25 2012 at 3:51 PM
No score for this post
Kathleen  (Login auntkat)

Just back from the RE. When we started this cycle our hope was to convert to Ivf. This morning I have one huge follicle and 3 small ones that will never catch up. I just triggered for Iui.....ok fine. Since this Iui was sprung upon us Dh's sample is going to be a huge issue. He has MFI to start with and to make matters worse we haven't done the deed in weeks and he hasn't, well ya know....so now I'm going into this Iui with one egg and low count crappy sperm.

Any thoughts?

This message has been edited by auntkat on May 25, 2012 3:52 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
anne
(no login)

do it as much as you can

No score for this post
May 25 2012, 4:44 PM 

tonight and tomorrow - clear his system of bad swimmers. if you have mf it is best for him to do this every day around ov.

the best advice i can give anyone is bd 3x per week at least, and every day round ov. you want them there waiting when the little suckers pop.

Kathleen
(Login auntkat)

Re: do it as much as you can

No score for this post
May 25 2012, 7:48 PM 

That was my thought too....but my clinic told me not to do anything before Iui. So we are holding off. Hopefully the wash can clean it up a bit. I'm so pissed we are in this predicament! Thanks for your thoughts....tomorrow night and Sunday morning we will definitely do the deed after Iui. And the flip side of this is my egg is probably bad anyway sad.gif
I guess it is out of our hands....what will be will be!

(Login auntkat)

Had the Iui ........

No score for this post
May 26 2012, 10:54 AM 

We didn't do anything last night, just waited it out....had the Iui this morning & the count wasn't so bad (33 million motile). He typically fluctuates from 18 million to 40 million motile. So I'm satisfied, but realistic about this crap shoot.

anne
(no login)

a thought...

No score for this post
May 28 2012, 12:08 AM 

the reason i advised against waiting is that a few years back i had three follicles and a pyschic had told me to do everything i could to get pg because i had a good one. so i triggered and everyone advised me to wait until the iui. well i didn't realise that i only had a few hours after ovulation and i'm quirky in that i ovulate exactly 24 hours after trigger on ovidrel. subsequently i ov'd about 13-16 hours before the iui and i missed it. hubby's quality is borderline normal and at the time i was concerned more with numbers.

also, i read that if you have mf involved it's better to clean out the system of any bad sperm and the way you do that is by him ej every night.

http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/news/2838/sex-improves-sperm-quality

best of luck for this cycle!

Current Topic - Dh abstained WAY TOO long & Iui is tomorrow :(
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index