Postings about donating, selling or re-selling any drugs are not allowed on this board. Thank you for your cooperation. Anyone who posts about donating, buying or selling drugs will be banned from this board. If you need to contact the board monitor send an email message to: Over 40 High FSH Board Monitor

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Hi newbie but oldie here

July 24 2012 at 4:23 PM
No score for this post
LAFlinesRNTfunny  (Login LAFlinesRNTfunny)

I'm finally steppin out here after months of being a fly on the wall.

Me:42,DOR DH:39,healthy
ttc#1/38:
IUI#1/clomid,BFN
IUI#2/g-f,BFP DD,2YO

ttc#2/40-42:
(8)IUIs,all BFN
IVF#1/mdl,oversupp
IVF#2/antg,empty-Nothing!

So that's where I'm at now as of last week-guts all over the floor. I got the news as the Dr and RN were wheeling me into post op. In my stunned and my sedated state the Dr adds, "I'm not giving up on you tho, I have another plan and I think it'll work."

So like a sad old injured dog, I sit in the corner, licking my wounds, waiting for this human to come back and pet me on the head again to validate my existance. What a life.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jamie
(no login)

welcome!

No score for this post
July 24 2012, 11:50 PM 

Hi there,
Sorry to hear about your recent ordeal. Many of us have been through IVF trauma, so we know what it's like. I too was oversupressed on my first IVF (thanks lupron!) so I too couldn't respond. What is your antral follicle count? If it's low, you may want to consider natural or low-stim IVF. There are some women here who are doing it and having pretty good results. I agree with your doc--you've got a child and that is a hopeful sign that you can have another, even at 42.

Again, welcome to the board!

LAFlinesRNTfunny
(no login)

Hey Jaime, Thanks.

No score for this post
July 25 2012, 1:26 PM 

Sorry, I thought I put that in- afc was 4. After looking at some of the entries here (and what you inferred), I think my eggs were overcooked and desintagrated w the high stim doses Gf/575 & Mnpr/75 (w morning antag). RE said he found fragments (not truly empty).

Onward and upward right? Now RE says would like to do LA10EV2. I'm afraid I'll oversuppress or fry my eggs again with now BOTH the lupron (tho in smaller doses) and higher FSH doses(750U-tho decreased halfway thru).

I've searched for this protocol here and found some entries but not much. Is it a good plan or am I gonna hit yet another v.expensive wall? I have yet to make it to retrieval.

Do you know if SIRM does low-stim IVF?

What do you advise do between cycles ie to clean out the meds?

Are you still taking inositol/melatonin?

What worked best for you?
Yikes! Too many questions happy.gif

Jamie
(no login)

oh man

No score for this post
July 28 2012, 5:50 PM 

That sounds like a TON of stims and lupron is not usually anyone's friend here. You may want to start a separate post about your protocol.

What worked best for me is a combination of CoQ10/Ubiquinol, serious chinese herbs, visits to the chiropractor, and just going to a competent RE with a good lab. Between cycles I'd drink wheatgrass juice and just try to stay clean and healthy to try to get all that out of your body.

I don't know about SIRM and high stim but you sound like a great candidate for low-stim IVF. You may want to post to MIR who has become quite an expert in it. Sorry, I wish that I could be more helpful.

Current Topic - Hi newbie but oldie here
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement