Postings about donating, selling or re-selling any drugs are not allowed on this board. Thank you for your cooperation. Anyone who posts about donating, buying or selling drugs will be banned from this board. If you need to contact the board monitor send an email message to: Over 40 High FSH Board Monitor

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Seeing red I'm so mad! (vent)

August 10 2012 at 6:28 PM
No score for this post
Tripplebe  (Login Tripplebe)

As and out-of-town patient I went to get blood work and ultraounds locally. I researched the centers on pricing and made it very clear that I needed stat results and that they could provide them. I then chose the best place based on locality and price.

I went in on Tuesday for bloodwork and ultrasounds and my bloodwork was faxed to my house by 2pm. The ultasound took longer but eventually made it to Coo.per around 5pm.

So today I went back to the same centers to get bloodwork and ultrasounds. This evening the nurse calls to tell me that the lab says it will be 2-3 days until my bloodwork is in!

On top of that the ultrasound tech told me I had a 10,7 on my left ovary and a two 5's and a 3mm on my right. Best response ever and I'm not even on stims yet. What does the radiologist report to Coo.per say... I have one 10.5 follicle. What the hell?!?

So now I'm being told not to start meds and try and find another place tomorrow morning to get actual "STAT" bloodwork. FML

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Mrs. McIrish
(no login)

UGH

No score for this post
August 10 2012, 7:28 PM 

I am so mad for you!

As for the follie size, they probably only report "measurable" ones and they probably consider 10 "measurable".

Hugs.

Tripplebe
(Login Tripplebe)

Thanks McIrish

No score for this post
August 10 2012, 7:50 PM 

MH got on the phone and raised royal hell with the blood center. Someone there is trying to get the bloodwork results in tonight yet. At least I won't have to run for bloodwork tomorrow.

As for the ultrasound...I called their emergency number and the radiologist read the report to us over the phone. He then faxed it to us and it clearly stats the 5 follicles.

I refaxed the radiology report to Coo.per with big cirlces around the follicle sizes and asked the Coo.per staff whether or not this was the report they received.

What a huge PITA. I hate being on the outside. Why can't these freaking centers send the results directly to us so we are pointing fingers left and right trying to figure out whose at fault?

If stress is bad for conceiving it's no freaking wonder why we never get pregnant.

Antonialisa
(no login)

I've had days like that

No score for this post
August 10 2012, 9:31 PM 

So so so so so frustrating! Why does it have to be so much work? Why can't it be easy just once? I'm sorry about your day. I hope you can put your feet up this evening.

Kim
(no login)

Oh Boy...been there done that !!!

No score for this post
August 10 2012, 9:44 PM 

Had my follicles remeasured 2x at the radiologist at important parts of my cycle here locally one to find out they STILL mis-measured! Sigh, so I head out to my RE's place next time to do the monitoring closer to trigger.

Jamie
(no login)

oh good heavens

No score for this post
August 10 2012, 10:49 PM 

Sorry, been there, done that. It is a royal pain to be an OOT Cooper patient! Good luck tomorrow!

ActingLoud
(no login)

OOT - not even found a place yet

No score for this post
August 14 2012, 9:56 AM 

I was supposed to cycle this month and can't find a decent place yet to do either.

Current Topic - Seeing red I'm so mad! (vent)
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement