baptism records

by irena

Are you absolutely sure Anton was born in Scranton, and not one of the places nearby where many Lithuanians lived -- e.g., Pittston, Duryea, etc. The reason I ask is that you may be able to get a baptismal record from a Lithuanian church. because I was told that at some point in history it wasn't necessary to record a baby's birth. I have not been able to find official records for several people in my family. I have an old address for St. Joseph's church on Theodore Street in Scranton, but cannot find a phone # so they may have merged. There is a listing for St. Joseph's church in Duryea (near Scranton) which is one of the oldest churches in the area. Their address is ll5 Lackawanna Ave., Duryea, and their phone # is 570 457-7887. If they cannot help you they might be able to give you the name of a Lithuanian church in Scranton, or the name and phone # of a church it may have merged with. Hope this helps.

Posted on Jan 26, 2007, 6:00 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. Baptism records. Dave, Jan 27, 2007

Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement