Pangonis, Bataitis or Batitis, Dovidaitis, Borkowski or Borkowska, Makstutis, or Botsang

by Angela Martinez

The above are my family names. Simon Pangonis is my great grandfather. He was born in October or November 1880 in Udrija. He came from Lithuania to The U.S. in 1899. He first went to Pennsylvania and worked in the coal mines. I was told he came with a cousin but I don't know who that cousin is. He eventually came to Chicago. He married Anna Ceile Batitis or Bataitis. She was born in Chicago to Lithuanian and Polish parents. Her birthday is 09 July 1888. They had 5 children, three of which survived. Genevieve Marie, Florence Marie, and LaVerne Marie, the latter being my grandmother.

I know Simon had two brothers and a sister. Karolis "Carl" Pangonis was also in the U.S. and a sister Ona who remained in Lithuania. I've been told there was a brother named Joseph.

I recently discovered Simon's parents names. They are Thomas Pangonis and Anna Makstutis. They were from Suwalkai, Lithuania. That's all I know at the present.

Anna Batitis' parents are Dominick Batitis born 1867 in Lithuania and died 1906 and Katie Borkowski born 1870 in London and died 1960 in Chicago. Dominicks parents are Dominick Batytes and Maria Botsang.

Please contact me at: angela.martinez@aggiemail.usu.edu

Posted on Mar 23, 2017, 2:14 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement