citizenship etc

by Gee Jay

I agree that they probably never applied for citizenship and I couldn't find any immigration records either. I took their census report of the date, and the reason I thought it was relevant for someone doing a search in Lithuania is that there's no point for them to search in any dates past the time they departed. ;)

After I wrote my last post I found this interesting page.

http://www.genealogywise.com/forum/topics/contacting-the-archives-in?groupUrl=genealogyoflithuania&groupId=3463583%3AGroup%3A157566&id=3463583%3ATopic%3A187461&page=3#comments

My own family got some good info from the Lithuanian Archives by sending something similar to what I suggested. However, we did this back in the 80s or early 90s, before a lot of the current genealogy craze and turnaround was very reasonable. It sounds as though the turnaround time is now quite long.

Be sure to read the comments on the first two pages also.

It's a shame there's no way to post images here as I would like to be able to show the information my family received. We were thrilled when we got it.

Posted on Apr 14, 2017, 3:16 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. citizenship etc. vancevisuals, Apr 14, 2017
    1. Martin & Mary CENCARWITCH 1892 Brooklyn NY. Jankauskas, Apr 15, 2017
      1. Martin & Mary CENCARWITCH 1892 Brooklyn Ny. vancevisuals, Apr 16, 2017

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement