here's what I have

by Gee Jay

Thank you! What I have is a photocopy of a record in handwritten (cursive) Russian, which I do not read, and a translation that was supplied by LVIA. It is a record of the marriage of my great-grandparents. I will provide the translation verbatim.

The translation says:

In the Catholic church of Jurbakas on the 10 of February 1874 was married the peasants Anton (Antanas) Greičius, 30 years old, bachelor from Jurbarkas and Ieva Kleinovska (Kleinauskaitė), 17 years old, girl from Montvilai village.

Anton (Antanas) Greičius is the son of the peasants Antanas and Ieva, maiden name Elenaitė, Greičiai.

Ieva is the daughter of Jurijus (Jurgis) and Leokadija, maiden name Pipiraitė, Kleinovskaiai (Kleinauskai).

The priest was Kazimieras Marcinkevičius.

The witness were peasants Jurgis Kleinovskij, Rokas Greičius, Antanas Vaiczaitis.

---------

I've found the word that was transcribed as "Elenaitė," and my best guess is that what's written there is "Еленовь", but the second to the last letter is particularly unclear.

If you can decipher this, and/or if you think it's something other than Elenaitė, I'd be most interested to know your thoughts.

Posted on Apr 15, 2017, 3:29 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. Re: here's what I have. zemaitis, Apr 17, 2017
    1. here's what I have. Gee Jay, Apr 18, 2017
      1. Re: here's what I have. zemaitis, Apr 19, 2017

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement