humor in geneology

by vancevisuals

I agree with evrything you said, Gee Jay, I just find it an interesting study. It does leave me with a dilemma though as I have, no less, than 16 different spellings of my name as to which (I know I can give them all) to pass along to the Lithuanian National Archives if I do that. Sounds like at this point, even if they found anything,it would not be definitive answer. At least my Lithuanian heritage has been confirmed, which I am happy about.
I also know about thye time my father's family came to America and I have a LOT of choices to choose from on how to spell my name (bad joke).
Have to admit, it's been fascinating and I've learned so much about, both my own, and Lithuanian history since I've started this search.
And I did read that, you are correct that HOW you said somebody's name was more important than how you spelled it. I can live with that (not that I'm stopping here or anything).
Hope you had a nice holiday

Fred

Posted on Apr 18, 2017, 3:14 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. Maggie ZINKEWITCH b, 1898 d. 28 Aug 1898 Brooklyn NY. Jankauskas, Apr 19, 2017
    1. Maggie Zinkewitch b. 1898 d.28 Aug 1898 Brooklyn NY. vancevisuals, Apr 19, 2017

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement