other first names

by Star Lakavage

There are several versions of her first name-I've found her as Maggie, Margaret and Magdelena. We have her as Margaret on her obituary, Maggie on a marriage certificate for one of her children and I believe in a 1920 census. My uncle gave me the name Magdelena Rose. I don't think I've ever seen the Rose show up in any documentation.

I believe there is a brother Antana (sp?) but he did not immigrate-or at least Uncle Joe said he did not immigrate. Not sure if he was older or younger.

I'm checking with a cousin to see if he or anyone has any other documentation. Not sure how successful that effort will be but we'll see. I don't think I've ever met this cousin or if I did, it's been years ago.

Thanks again for your interest! My husband is a dedicated and successful genealogist but his names are mostly Anglo or a few Germanics thrown in to spice things up. He's a little more than flummoxed when I show him yet another spelling of my last name. The latest shows up in the 1920 census as Lagavich-I only recognized it by seeing the first names and my father's with about his correct age along with his sister, his father's occupation and their address. I believe I'm up to 7 significant variations of his surname. yay...
Star

Posted on May 8, 2017, 5:39 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. Re: other first names. zemaitis, May 8, 2017
    1. church books. Star Lakavage, May 8, 2017
      1. Re: church books. zemaitis, May 8, 2017
        1. oh.... Star Lakavage, May 10, 2017
          1. Re: oh.... zemaitis, May 11, 2017
            1. Birstonas/Church. Star Lakavage, May 28, 2017
              1. Re: Birstonas/Church. zemaitis, May 31, 2017
                1. St Anthony of Padua church. Star Lakavage, Jul 17, 2017

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement