Robert Bontras / Baltrus Pitchalonis / Peculonez / Pieculones and Anna Eva Grabowski

by Cindy Fegley

We are trying to locate information on my husband's paternal grandmother's family. Her name was Alice Marie Pitchalonis. She was born in Pennsylvania on 29 July 1915. Her parents, as known to the family, were Robert (Robertson?)Bontras Pitchalonis and (Anna) Eva Grabosky. Robert and Eva were the first Pitchalonis to show up on a U.S. Census in 1900. In addition to Alice, who was the youngest, their other children included Joseph, born in 1904; Albert, born in 1906; Charles, born in 1907; William, born in 1909; and Anna Eva, born in 1912.

We have no information on any family, parents/siblings/grandparents/aunts/uncles, etc., for Robert. Eva's death certificate from 1923, indicates her parents were Cher or Ches Grabosky and Darata Grabosky. Various U.S. Census indicate they (Robert and Eva) arrived around 1899. Where they are from is a bit more complicated. Some things say their nationality is Russian, others Lithuanian, still others Polish. Suwalki is given as the possible birthplace of Eva, as well as the place of death of her parents. We believe Robert and Eva were married in PA in February 1900. There is a marriage record from 19 February 1900 with similar names and birth years as Robert and Eva, but with so many differences in names, dates and places on the various documents, it is impossible to be certain.

What we are certain of is that their daughter, Alice Marie Pitchalonis, married Harold Fegley and had 7 children, 6 who survived childhood, the oldest of which, James Robert Fegley, was my husband's father. Unfortunately, he passed less than 2 years after my husband and I met, and well before I started this journey for my husband and our son.

Any information, suggestions, etc. is greatly appreciated!

Posted on Jul 21, 2017, 5:27 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. Balteus Pieculonis/Annie Grabowski Schuylkill Co Marriage Docket. Jankauskas, Jul 21, 2017
    1. Thank you!. Cindy Fegley, Jul 21, 2017
      1. Marriage. Judith, Jul 23, 2017
        1. Thank you!. Cindy Fegley, Jul 24, 2017
          1. Names. Judith, Jul 27, 2017
    2. Battramir PECULONIS arrival NY 19 Nov 1899. Jankauskas, Jul 22, 2017
      1. Thank you!. Cindy Fegley, Jul 22, 2017
        1. Marriage 3 Mar 1900 Schuylkill Co Pa. Baltus & Annie. Jankauskas, Jul 23, 2017
          1. Marriage. Judith, Jul 24, 2017
            1. Marriage. Jankauskas, Jul 24, 2017
              1. Marriage. Judith, Jul 27, 2017

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement