Church Records from the Diocese of Scranton PA

by Star Lakavage

I've been trying to track down the records from the St Joseph's Lithuanian Catholic Church on Thackery St in Scranton, PA and the cemetery associated with the church. I was able to contact the director of the Catholic cemeteries for the diocese and he directed me to Mary Mother of God parish in Scranton. St Joseph's was closed sometime in the past few years. The records were transferred to Mary Mother of God.

The parish secretary, Ms Colleen Pollock, directed me to the Northeast PA Genealogical Society. They are now the home of the records for the churches in the Scranton Diocese. The records have all been scanned in as JPGs but are not available on line. You can contact the society for help in accessing the records. Here's the note I received from Ms Pollock:

"Recently most of the parishes in the Diocese had all their records digitized by NEPGS (Northeast PA Genealogical Society, Inc.)"

Their website is nepgs.com

I haven't made a request or checked into making requests. There is a fee involved unless you are a member of the group.

Hope this helps someone!
Star

Posted on Aug 12, 2017, 12:06 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement