You mush have missed it the first time.June 1 2009 at 9:50 AM
Response to Re: Lets play!!!!!
So here's the reprint:
As for tax "cuts", you're dreaming. Tobacco taxes have gone up, and the Dems have proposed taxing internet sales, raising the tax on beer and wine sales, and even instituting a tax on sugary soda. Then there's Obama's massive energy tax (aka cap and trade). There's also talk of a VAT tax, which is a national sales tax. And there's even talk of taxing employer-provided health care. (O was sharply critical of McCain when he suggested this during the campaign. Can you say hypocrite?)
Here's a list of other Obama's tax INCREASES:
1.Capital Gains: Rates will rise, depending upon income, on January 1, 2009.
2.Dividends: Rates will rise to match standard income tax rates on January 1, 2009.
3.Child Credit: This credit will shrink from $700 to $500 per child on January 1, 2011.
4.The Income Tax: Rates will increase between 3 and 4.5 percentage points in each bracket on January 1, 2011.
5.The 10 Percent Bracket: The bracket will be eliminated on January 1, 2011, raising the income tax burden of many workers by 5 percentage points.
6.The 15 Percent Bracket for Joint Filers: On January 1, 2011, the upper limit of this bracket will shrink from 200 to 167 percent of the upper limit of the 15 percent bracket for single filers, creating a marriage penalty.
7.Standard Deduction for Joint Filers: On January 1, 2011, this will shrink from 200 to 167 percent of the standard deduction for single filers, creating a marriage penalty.
8.The Estate Tax: The top rate for this tax will increase to 60 percent on January 1, 2011, and the value of an estate exempt from taxation will shrink to $1 million, which is less than it is today.
9. The mortgage interest deduction will be reduced, depending on income.
10. The charitable deduction will be reduced, depending on icome.
- Where are y our FACTS ????? - Anonymous on Jun 1, 9:59 AM
- Plenty of facts. - Anonymous on Jun 1, 10:06 AM
- Comrade, there are only 3 ways to pay for all of O's spending. - Anonymous on Jun 1, 10:13 AM
- Buy gold? - Anonymous on Jun 1, 10:20 AM
- Re: Where are y our FACTS ????? - Anonymous on Jun 1, 10:54 AM
- Re: Where are y our FACTS ????? - Anonymous on Jun 1, 12:05 PM
- Re: Where are y our FACTS ????? - Anonymous on Jun 2, 3:05 PM