Email Donna if something gets out of hand   Rules for the Foo Forum   Back to GA Forum II  

Return to Index  

the BOW

November 18 2009 at 9:29 AM
Anonymous 

what's your take?

I think it was out of line.

why? I have been to Japan, and know somewhat the custome of bowing. I haveno problems in a commercial or personal environment IF you wish to assimilate to the country. I chose an occassional head nod, but no real bowing.

At this level, world leaders, the custom should be international - a handshake. I would even be OK with a head fake. Obama was way over the top (or below the waist) on this one. Maybe time to get Goldie there for protocol?

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: the BOW - Anonymous on Nov 18, 9:59 AM
  3. I'm shocked o's ego would allow him to bend over that far - Anonymous on Nov 18, 10:45 AM
    1. Re: I'm shocked o's ego would allow him to bend over that far - anonymous on Nov 18, 12:31 PM
      1. R E S P E C T - Anonymous on Nov 18, 1:03 PM

4. Ramirez gets it right - Anonymous on Nov 18, 12:15 PM
  6. This is exactly why moderates, like myself, get so turned off by the right - Anonymous on Nov 18, 3:05 PM
    1. And by the left too. (eom) - Anonymous on Nov 18, 3:13 PM
    2. of course - Anonymous on Nov 18, 3:14 PM
      1. And exactly what does holding hands with a leader signify, because we all know - Anonymous on Nov 18, 3:21 PM
        1. duh - Anonymous on Nov 18, 5:23 PM
    3. Re: This is exactly why moderates, like myself, get so turned off by the right - anonymous on Nov 18, 3:32 PM
      1. Re: This is exactly why moderates, like myself, get so turned off by the right - Anonymous on Nov 18, 3:43 PM
      2. from the tolerant left - Anonymous on Nov 18, 4:18 PM
      3. Re: This is exactly why moderates, like myself, get so turned off by the right - Anonymous on Nov 19, 1:33 PM
    4. Let's see... - Anonymous on Nov 18, 3:47 PM
    5. Moderate my arse! You are a Liberal!!! - Anonymous on Nov 19, 12:00 PM

Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
free hit counter
Page Views in 2009