rule of law ?June 15 2010 at 8:24 AM
The Obama administration wants to take over the payment of 'claims' against BP. Inder what authority? Actually, under what authority can they hold BP liable for claims of fishermen who can't work because the government banned fishing or the roughnecks who can't drill because the government said they can't drill?
The Jones Rule. Prohibits foreign vessels from helping in the cleanup. WHY HAS THIS NOT BEEN WAIVED?
I think the administration is using the same 'never let a crisis go to waste' playbook to make this worse that it already was. There are things to try that the government will not allow because 'the EPA has not approved it'.
While I think BP has some liability and they are willing to pay more than what the law specifies for damages, they are also being made a scapegoat and a soapbox for tax and trade.
Don't be fooled again!!!!!!!!!!
- it hasn't even been declared an accident. How do you know it wasn't a terrorist - Anonymous on Jun 15, 8:52 AM
- why dont we have a Spill Czar to find out? (nm) - Anonymous on Jun 15, 9:53 AM
- OP ED piece from CNN/AP - Anonymous on Jun 15, 9:33 AM
- this will another o promises, promises with no action - Anonymous on Jun 15, 11:08 AM
- talk, talk, talk, lawyer, lawyer, lawyer - Anonymous on Jun 15, 1:13 PM
- Re: talk, talk, talk, lawyer, lawyer, lawyer - Anonymous on Jun 15, 3:40 PM
- because when you are inept your only recourse is to blame and sit and ponder - Anonymous on Jun 15, 4:20 PM
- escrow fund - no legal precedent - Anonymous on Jun 15, 4:52 PM