I agree with your sentiment, but not your conclusionOctober 18 2010 at 8:56 PM
Response to should he be executed? YES!!!!!!!!!
In America we have to (no, need to) believe in giving everyone of us the rights stipulated under our constitution. Our rights are only legitimate when the very worst offenders of those rights also receive them.
We can not pick and choose which citizen is allowed access to our constitution. This means that the very worst among us are treated the same under our legal system as the very best.
It is hard to swallow in cases such as these but I would rather the very small percentage of evil people such as this receive the same legal treatment as I would, rather than starting a slippery slope where others start to subjectively decide who and who should not receive access to our constitutional rights.
What makes our country exceptional is not how we treat the good people who are judged by the "majority" as perceived as following their rules, but rather how we treat those relatively few who oppose the majority opinion, regardless of the issue at the time, or how heinous the alleged crime as offered up by our government.
- Re: I agree with your sentiment, but not your conclusion - Anonymous on Oct 18, 2010, 9:58 PM
- Death Sentence - Tali Ban on Oct 19, 2010, 6:40 AM
- The Constitution was followed he was given a fair trial, found guilty - Anonymous on Oct 19, 2010, 8:03 AM
- Yes, but our constitution permits appeals of the convicted. - Anonymous on Oct 19, 2010, 8:21 PM
- How much evidence do you need to know he did it? - Anonymous on Oct 20, 2010, 6:30 AM
- Again, I dont disagree with your sentiment, but... - Anonymous on Oct 20, 2010, 9:30 PM
- Here's one for you - Anonymous on Oct 21, 2010, 3:20 PM
- Re: I agree with your sentiment, but not your conclusion - BOB on Oct 21, 2010, 8:44 PM