Brilliant George!!!November 12 2010 at 4:06 PM
Response to Obam Can't Even Deliver On This!!!
When Crown Publishing inked a deal with George W. Bush for his memoirs, the publisher knew it wasn't getting Faulkner. But the book, at least, promises "gripping, never-before-heard detail" about the former president's key decisions, offering to bring readers "aboard Air Force One on 9/11, in the hours after America's most devastating attack since Pearl Harbor; at the head of the table in the Situation Room in the moments before launching the war in Iraq," and other undisclosed and weighty locations.
Crown also got a mash-up of worn-out anecdotes from previously published memoirs written by his subordinates, from which Bush lifts quotes word for word, passing them off as his own recollections. He took equal license in lifting from nonfiction books about his presidency or newspaper or magazine articles from the time. Far from shedding light on how the president approached the crucial "decision points" of his presidency, the clip jobs illuminate something shallower and less surprising about Bush's character: He's too lazy to write his own memoir.
- Huh?? Off topic. (eom) - Anonymous on Nov 12, 2010, 4:10 PM
- Wow, two years later, still trying to bring Bush into every thread. Pathetic. (eom) - Anonymous on Nov 12, 2010, 4:41 PM
- Just Like You Ditto Heads Expected Miracles in 2-years - Anonymous on Nov 12, 2010, 6:38 PM
- well you sure do because Bush had a dem Congress - Anonymous on Nov 12, 2010, 7:00 PM
- Re: Just Like You Ditto Heads Expected Miracles in 2-years - Anonymous on Nov 15, 2010, 6:10 AM
- no, we expected Obama to fail miserably - Anonymous on Nov 16, 2010, 1:29 PM
- Source: Huffington Post - go figure - Anonymous on Nov 12, 2010, 5:36 PM
- Libby isn't very big on naming sources (eom) - Anonymous on Nov 13, 2010, 12:10 PM