Email Donna if something gets out of hand   Rules for the Foo Forum   Back to GA Forum II  

Return to Index  

Ah, bring up the constitution.

April 22 2011 at 3:05 PM
Anonymous 

Response to Simply

If it's not in the constitution then it is not on the table. Is that what your saying? I never mentioned it was anyone's "right" to have the government help them. Nor did I say it made me feel good or less guilty. Nor do I live in an ivory tower. I guess the majority of your post is therefore fiction and typical of those who insult rather than discuss the issue.

My point is that the poor will always be with us and the society that produces them has to take care of them. We need to find away to keep them from being poor AND violent. The poor are really taking advantage of the rich by getting food stamps that amount to about $150 a month per family. You and I most likely spend that in one evening for dinner. These people have to make it last a month. Yeah, I can see how they are really raking it in and living lavishly off the backs of you and me.

I can also see how those that garner **** benefit of $1,000 a month are living high on the hog. Yeah, that 50% is really doing it to us.

If a society wants to thrive it must find a way to take care of those that can't take of themselves or they will become a burden much worse than we would like. There is a percentage in every economic and class level that abuse the system. I would venture to say that the high dollar white collar has more financial abuse than the 50% put together. Heck all the abuse in bid rigging and over charges in our defense budget probably add up to more than the food-stamp program alone.

A truly civil society should be judged on how they take care of the weakest citizens, not how they find ways to eliminate that help.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. fire ready aim - Anonymous on Apr 22, 2011, 10:06 PM
  3. Re: Ah, bring up the constitution. - Anonymous on Apr 22, 2011, 11:12 PM
    1. Please prove your last paragraph. I hear that a lot. - Anonymous on Apr 23, 2011, 12:07 AM
      1. Social Security - j s on Apr 23, 2011, 8:49 AM
      2. Here's the proof - Anonymous on Apr 23, 2011, 9:24 PM
        1. that's because libby enjoys donating your money not theirs - Anonymous on Apr 25, 2011, 8:45 AM

Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
free hit counter
Page Views in 2009