Email Donna if something gets out of hand   Rules for the Foo Forum   Back to GA Forum II  

Return to Index  

yeah, you do smell up the room

October 13 2011 at 10:43 AM
Anonymous 

Response to Excuse me?

try some beano wink.gif

seriously, many of our police officers take the job because it offers then control over other people. I have read studies, and if you want I'll try and find a link.

Tell me the Dekalb cop that passed me 2 weeks ago - in the HOV (now HOT) lane - in a Dekalb marked car - in Gwinnett county - going north - in excess of 80 (I tried to catch up and get a video but I could not negatiate traffic without really exceding the limit) - was acting honorably.

The same is true for some members of the clergy (Paulk comes to mind). My personal experience backs this up. I knew an officer and part time preacher, nice guy on the surface, who had a brother wanted for theft by taking. Had a long criminal record. Seemed to run in the family. Cop/preacher would probably have been crook if not for the other jobs. Could not visit him mom, in case brother happened to be there, because he was OBLIGATED to arrest him on site...

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Incredible. - Anonymous on Oct 13, 2:47 PM
    1. Yet you're quick to ascribe less than honorable intentions to "upper management". - Anonymous on Oct 13, 2:58 PM

Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
free hit counter
Page Views in 2009