Email Donna if something gets out of hand   Rules for the Foo Forum   Back to GA Forum II  

Return to Index  

Now that's the whole point isn't it?

March 5 2012 at 9:52 AM
Anonymous 

Response to If someone is overweight and has a heart condition why should I pay for it?

and that's what scares me. This country is getting to the point that nobody thinks they are responsible for anything. I don't think you should have to pay for the fat guy that has a heart condition but I'll bet you he does. It's called personal responsibility. We have lost it as a country. I'm all for helping those that need it but when kids are taught that nothing is their fault, guess what, they become adults that think that way and then we get to the place that we're rapidly approaching.
Once we start paying for one thing it eventually gets to the point where we're paying for everything.
I guess for now we're fortunate enough that we have enough people in this country that work and make enough that can cover the rest.
Now for the scary part, what happens when that's no longer the case? Then who pays? think I'm full of crap? Just look to Europe.
Ok, that's my fear. Now instead of calling me an idiot, tell me what you think the answer is, and mark my words, there better be one or we're all in trouble.

Respond to this message   
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
free hit counter
Page Views in 2009