What is your back ground that you would know where to find that data andMarch 15 2012 at 2:44 PM
Response to well, now that you asked
how to interpret it. Most of us in the real world don't have that kind of background and must rely on others with the necessary degrees and expertise to crunch the numbers and give us their expert opinions. If a number of recognized experts agree then I can be pretty sure I can use that information to help me weight it against that of a differing opinion of the facts. The key is to seek out multiple sources. I doubt very much you have the background to make a call on raw data that would explain our climate one way or the other. But since you claim it, please post the sources of data you used to formulate your opinion and the degrees you have to be able to do so.
I like the way you try to separate pollution from the discussion. There is a direct link between air, and water pollution and the weather. One example is that pollution causes acid rain, which impacts soil and water conditions, which impacts the temperature, which impacts the cycle of fresh water, which impacts us.
Chlorofluorocarbons impact the ozone layer which impacts our health. Smog impacts our health and changes temperatures, which impact the weather in that area.
Sure, the earth can absorb a lot, it has for millions and millions of years. Oh sorry, it's only been 6,000 years. In any case, it can handle a man made disaster here and there, but not multiple disasters. Oil sills can be absorbed, but not multiple ones at the same time. The more drilling you add to the equation the greater the chance for multiple disasters at one time or close together.
Oil sills (pollution) impact the ecosystem it touches and depending on the scope of the spill can wipe out systems for many years or forever.
I for one, am not willing to risk the health of this planet because it makes a few more dollars for a small few. There are alternatives, and some are doing all they can to hinder that progress.
- Saddle up - Anonymous on Mar 15, 2:59 PM
- Au contraire. - Anonymous on Mar 15, 4:16 PM
- You really have no clue and it's obvious. - Anonymous on Mar 15, 8:37 PM
- Look it up, numbskull. - Anonymous on Mar 15, 10:32 PM
- There will always be short-sighted folks like yourself in the world. - Anonymous on Mar 15, 11:21 PM
- New book out - Anonymous on Mar 16, 8:52 AM
- Yeah, I didn't think you'd have the decency to apologize... - Anonymous on Mar 16, 10:01 AM
- "Decency to apologize"????? - Anonymous on Mar 16, 3:37 PM
- You dismissed the point as a joke... - Anonymous on Mar 16, 4:06 PM
- give us your clues - Anonymous on Mar 16, 8:57 AM
- feel for you - Anonymous on Mar 15, 4:39 PM