and then we shall call him King. O oversteps his authority once again.June 20 2012 at 8:04 AM
This is the same action that a year ago President Obama said he couldnt take, because he wasnt king. Those were his words. So, obviously the action taken without legislation through Congress is not correct. It requires legislative action from the Congress of the United States. Obama made on Univision television in October 2010. "The most important thing we can do is to change the law because the way the system works--again, I just wanna repeat, I'm president, I'm not king."
On Friday, President Obama announced that effective immediately, without any congressional action, the Department of Homeland Security would lift the shadow of deportation from hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens between the ages of 16 and 30 who have been in the U.S. at least five years and meet other criteria.
Over the next few months, eligible individuals who do not present a risk to national security or public safety will be able to request temporary relief from deportation proceedings and apply for work authorizations, Obama said.
The Constitution gives Congress the power to make immigration law. Article 1, Section 8, Clauses 4 and 18 of the U.S. Constitution say: The Congress shall have the power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization [and] To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers.
Congress has the ability not the President. We need to overthrow this king!!!
- Not King, Dictator..... how does he get away without being impeached????? - Anonymous on Jun 20, 10:35 AM
- how? - Anonymous on Jun 20, 12:46 PM
- I dont think that Holder/Justice participated in the F & F issue at the time - Anonymous on Jun 20, 8:47 PM
- Obama asserts executive privilege - Anonymous on Jun 20, 10:40 AM
- Holder in Contempt - Anonymous on Jun 20, 10:02 PM
- so much for Obama's promise of no more closed door meetings - Anonymous on Jun 20, 11:13 PM
- Executive privilege - Anon on Jun 21, 10:11 AM