Email Donna if something gets out of hand   Rules for the Foo Forum   Back to GA Forum II  

Return to Index  

You miss the point because of your extreme bias against Obama.

July 17 2012 at 9:19 AM
Anonymous 

Response to O thinks Govenment owns it all and the rest of us are lousy...

If you actually listen to what he is saying it makes sense. What he is saying is that the business owner is not solely responsible for the success of their business. It took a lot of other peoples hard work to make it so. From those who built the roads that lead to the business, to those who actually work at the business, to those who protect the streets so people are safe to enter the business, to those who provide the power to run the business, to those who deliver the goods that the business sells, to those who pick up the trash generated by the business. The owner is obviously the one who put the plan for their business together, who works long hours to make sure the business plan is moving in the right direction, etc, but they are not the only ones making it a success. Could he have done a better job of bringing that part out? Yes, definitely, but you and some others seem blind to the fact that it takes more than one person to make a business successful. Personally, those who helped write the speech dropped the ball on this one.

I've seen it in big business and small business where the owner thinks they are the only one who knows what is going on and the only one who is responsible for the success of the business. Plenty of incompetent owners with money who have the right people around them to make it work and yet fail to acknowledge it or reward them fully for their effort.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Classic! - Anonymous on Jul 17, 9:28 AM
    1. Explain why? - Anonymous on Jul 17, 11:47 AM

2. and?? - Anonymous on Jul 17, 10:18 AM
  4. extreme? - Anonymous on Jul 17, 10:20 AM
    1. I know you understand, but - Anonymous on Jul 17, 11:50 AM
      1. my bias tells me that he does NOT understand - Anonymous on Jul 17, 1:13 PM
        1. make that my wisdom, experience, and education (EoM) - Anonymous on Jul 17, 1:21 PM

5. what you miss my friend - Anonymous on Jul 17, 10:42 AM
    1. You feel that way because you - Anonymous on Jul 17, 11:55 AM
      1. if he didn't mean - Anonymous on Jul 17, 12:25 PM
        1. thank you - Anonymous on Jul 17, 12:27 PM
      2. I guess the difference - Anonymous on Jul 17, 12:26 PM
        1. here is another point - Anonymous on Jul 17, 1:17 PM
          1. Once again he never said government is responsible. - Anonymous on Jul 17, 2:46 PM
            1. while I agree with what you said - Anonymous on Jul 17, 3:03 PM
            2. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. - Anonymous on Jul 17, 3:39 PM
            3. none of those you listed bare the risk factor. Only the owner has to deal with - Anonymous on Jul 17, 7:11 PM

6. Re: You miss the point because of your extreme bias against Obama. - Anonymous on Jul 17, 11:26 AM
    1. You are stretching into the absurd. - Anonymous on Jul 17, 11:56 AM
    2. this group of non achievers are who are drowning our welfare system - Anonymous on Jul 17, 11:58 AM
      1. Those people represent a minuscule part of the population. - Anonymous on Jul 17, 2:53 PM
        1. "The other end of the spectrum" is just as miniscule. - Anonymous on Jul 19, 12:19 PM
          1. What? - Anonymous on Jul 19, 2:33 PM
            1. Re: What? - Anonymous on Jul 19, 2:46 PM
              1. Yeah, I agree on the misuse, but we are talking about welfare and corporations. - Anonymous on Jul 19, 4:51 PM
          2. Corporate corruption impacts the "trust" of millions. - Anonymous on Jul 19, 2:45 PM
            1. As does political corruption. - Anonymous on Jul 19, 2:48 PM
              1. That goes for both Democrat and Republican. - Anonymous on Jul 19, 4:47 PM
                1. We do agree on that. - Anonymous on Jul 19, 5:07 PM

7. my extreme bias - Anonymous on Jul 17, 11:27 AM
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
free hit counter
Page Views in 2009