Email Donna if something gets out of hand   Rules for the Foo Forum   Back to GA Forum II  

Return to Index  

this is a good example

July 26 2012 at 1:46 PM
Anonymous 

Response to Just like the peach lanes on 85

of a solution looking for a problem. I drive into Atlanta about once a week from the NE burbs. One in the car. I could by a peach pass, but then I have to exit the HOT lane when it become a HOV lane. In the event there are 2 of us in the car leaving ATL, I can use the HOV lane, but not the HOT lane.

How did those millions of Federal $'s help make traffic flow better, which is the problem? The answer is that it didn't. I know some civil engineers who have worked with the DOT in the past. There is never a cost-benefit study done on their designs. No look at optimizing bridge spans based on cost, or lane lengths for entrance and exit ramps based on cost and traffic flow. It's strictly conect the dots and check the boxes. That's government as opposed to private business that operates at a profit, or to stay in business. DOT just adds more dollars.

VOTE NO NO NO NO NO on the T-SPLOST.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. You have a bunch of rich fools - Anonymous on Jul 29, 10:18 PM
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
free hit counter
Page Views in 2009