Email Donna if something gets out of hand   Rules for the Foo Forum   Back to GA Forum II  

Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: Lance Freeman - Another Alex Jones Truther
    • Anonymous
      Posted Nov 12, 2010 10:29 AM

Are you overly challenged by this? "Technically" is relative to the fact that it is questionable as to whether tax cuts need to be "paid for". Do they actually cost money? When these cuts were put in place in 2003 federal revenues went up. So tell me, did they cost any money then? You could say that, with the amount of aggregate taxable revenue we had, had we kept higher rates we would have brought in X amount more revenue. But you'd be a fool to say that because of the causal relatonship between the tax cuts and the amount of aggregate taxable revenue. (Though I must admit, causal relationships to seem Greek to many people in our government, seemingly intelligent people)

So, if you think that extending the Bush tax cuts requires us to either "have the money" or make offsetting spending cuts, clearly we do not "have the money". And that's for all of the cuts, not just the $700 billion for the so called rich. To say that we only cannot afford to extend the tax cuts for the rich is to imply that somehow we can afford the $3 trillion to extend the cuts for the non-rich. That's a bit oxymoronic. at best.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address

Create your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    free hit counter
    Page Views in 2009