Email Donna if something gets out of hand   Rules for the Foo Forum   Back to GA Forum II  

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Obama / Liberals want your ROTH / 401K

February 3 2010 at 11:52 AM
Anonymous 

If youve been a long-time listener to the Boortz Show youve heard me warn of the possibility of the Imperial Federal Government stepping in to seize a portion of your retirement funds. Back in 1993 just such an idea was being studied by those in the Clinton White House. One of Clintons advisors, a woman named Alicia Munnell, was proposing a one-time 15% tax on the outstanding balance of all pension, 401K and retirement plans. The purpose here was to even the playing field between those who were fortunate enough to have these private pension plans, and those who did not. What happened to the idea? It was killed by the 1994 voter revolution.

That was then .. this is now .. and once again I sense that the Democrats are sniffing around your retirement plans. And why not? There are over $3 trillion dollars out there in private retirement accounts. That is three thousand billion dollars .. and you dont think the Democrats get wet when they think of all of this money? All they have to do is figure out a way to get their hands on it!

It looks to me like the Obama administration is starting to eye your retirement. As of right now, it might look relatively harmless . but the Obama et al are weighing how the government can encourage workers to turn their savings into guaranteed income streams. Call me paranoid, but this looks to me like just the opening shot of what will become an attempt by the government to seize your retirement funds. How could they make this work? They would tell you that something needs to be done to make sure that you have a guaranteed income stream throughout your retirement years. They begin with language like encouraging workers. Soon it turns into requiring workers. Before you know it, they have complete control. Oh yeah theyll have all the excuses ready to go. Try this: We need to make sure that all Americans have a comfortable retirement. We also need to make sure that Americans dont take untoward risks with their retirement funds that could leave them destitute. So, we think it would be best if the government just took control of these funds, invested them and then doled them out to working Americans when they reached retirement age. America will be made stronger by a strong and secure retired class. We will all be better off when our senior citizens can live a life without fear of financial disaster.

Cant you hear it coming?

As soon as next week, the Department of Labor and the Treasury will take public comment on ways to promote the idea converting 401(k) savings and IRAs into annuities or other steady payment streams. Assistant Labor Secretary Phyllis C. Borzi says that there is a tremendous amount of interest in the White House in retirement-security initiatives. I bet there is.

Look, folks this is just the beginning. Ive been warning you for years that the government will go to any lengths to get a hold of more of your money. Retirement savings are a huge target that cant be ignored.

You may think that I am blowing smoke, but the chairman of the House Committee on Education and Labor Rep. George Miller has said that sweeping changes are coming to the 401(k) system. Part of a plan presented to his committee by a woman by the name of Teresa Ghilarducci included confiscating workers personal retirement accounts and converting them into accounts managed by the Social Security Administration.

You think this cant happen? You wonder how in the world the government could ever come seize your property and then put it in a common pool for redistribution? Ask your child what happened to all of their school supplies at the beginning of this school year. Better yet read the Kelo vs. New London decision from the U.S. Supreme Court. In Kelo the court said that it would be OK if government seized private property and handed it to another private individual, just so long as the government could show that government tax revenue could be enhanced by the transaction. You just had to show some public purpose. Enhanced tax revenue did the trick. OK well why wouldnt the argument that our country would be better off with a stable retirement system that took care of everyone, instead of allowing the privileged rich to have their gold-plated retirement plans? You think the Supremes would throw that one out? Yeah right. Good luck with that one.

http://www.businessweek.com/investor/content/jan2010/pi2010018_130737.htm

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous

isn't this what social security was suppose to handle?

February 3 2010, 12:21 PM 

Count me stupid but I figured SS would be defunct by the time I reached retirement and sure enough it is. I put my moniey into my own retirement account and now they want that too? HELL NO!!!!! o read my lips, NO WAY!!!!!!!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Obama / Liberals want your ROTH / 401K

February 3 2010, 3:47 PM 

If they are too stupid to not realize that they've stirred the pot, not just a little bit, but alot, with the circus surrounding Healthcare what do you suppose they think 'We the People' would do if they tried that?

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

we will do nothing

February 3 2010, 8:16 PM 

just like we are doing now. Sending messages to congressmen that we are opposed to their current job of passing spending like it grows on trees hasn't impressed upon them anything. They keep on spending. They think they are bulletproof and we the people will allow it to continue. As long as o's voting machine stays in place this all will pass as though the tax payers are mute. When the majority of the population votes and they are the ones who aren't paying taxes of course they are going to vote to have those who do pay the taxes pay more. Why shouldn't they? It's a free ride for them. Until there aren't any more people who can pay then we will be taken over by a foreign country to pay back all of the loans we have outstanding.

Respond to this message   
anon

Class warfare forever!

February 4 2010, 1:01 PM 

It's getting tough to be nice to Liberals who voted for this administration. Did you have a clue what you were voting for or did you just vote for the cool black guy?

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Liquidate your 401K

February 7 2010, 10:25 AM 

If they try to confiscate your 401K just liquidate it before the law takes affect. Pay the penalty and use the funds to pay-down your mortgage.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Liquidate your 401K

February 7 2010, 10:30 AM 

After you use the after-tax proceeds from liquidating your 401k plan to pay down your mortgage, what are you supposed to live on for the rest of your life? Social Security?

Respond to this message   
anon

There is no rest of your life

February 7 2010, 12:48 PM 

It's all going to end in 2012. Haven't you been paying attention?

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
free hit counter
Page Views in 2009