Email Donna if something gets out of hand   Rules for the Foo Forum   Back to GA Forum II  

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Honestly how has your life changed because of the President?

May 11 2012 at 12:00 PM
Anonymous 

Regardless of if you are for or against Obama honestly how has your life changed in the last four years because of Obama? I still work, have my retirement fund, kids still go to school, still pay taxes. Honestly I'm no better or worse off than I was four years ago.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous

Re: Honestly how has your life changed because of the President?

May 11 2012, 12:19 PM 

If you haven't figured that out by now, go ahead and vote for Obama. Don't even bother paying attention to what is going on economically, fiscally, socially, etc. It is obvious you don't anyway.

So, lets just cut off the conversation now as there is no hope for anyone that has not figured that out by now.

You can get all the bumper stickers you need right here. I havent seen one yet in my area but by all means get enough for the rest of your friends and family members.

http://www.barackobama.com/obama-for-america-2012-campaign-alt-april-1?source=OM2012_LB_G_name-search_obama-exact_ap1b&utm_medium=om2012&utm_source=G&utm_campaign=LB_name-search&utm_content=ap1b&gclid=CPnYjobR-K8CFQKd7QoddBsbEA

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

If you're no better or worse...

May 11 2012, 1:31 PM 

then you're worse. If you're not making more money, after adjusting for inflation, you're career's likely not progressing as is should. Likewise, if you're retirement fund isn't bigger, after adjusting for inflation, you're losing ground.

With unemployment above 8%, lackluster wage growth for many, and retirement funds that have yet to recover the severe losses of 2008 - 2009, let alone keep up with inflation, many in our country aren't even treading water, as you seemingly are.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

You are using selective reasoning.

May 13 2012, 7:57 AM 

The unemployment rate is high because of the recession while the Bush Administration was in office. We are slowly working our way out of it and the job numbers proves it. Obama is not responsible for where the numbers dropped to, but his administration get credit for the steady rise in those numbers. Wage growth coming our of a recession is always slow. The stock market is almost to its high and my IRA is back above where it was when the crash happened. I guess I know how to invest better than you do, eh?. Are there still a lot of people out of a job? Yes, so there is still a lot to do, but misrepresenting the facts just shows the desperation some have in this politically charged environment.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: You are using selective reasoning.

May 13 2012, 5:57 PM 

obama is a joke and a failure... get used to it.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Selective reasoning vs. wild-eyed crazy guesses?

May 14 2012, 6:02 PM 

I'll take the former, while you go with the latter.

First, you have no idea how my IRA has done. Second, if the stock market is "almost (back) to its high", then it has taken three years (it bottomed in March of 2009) to get back to break-even. And that's before inflation. After inflation, it's still down considerably. Third, the Obama administration promised, with their "stimulus" program, that unemployment wouldn't get above 8%. It peaked at 10.1%, and has remained above 8% for over 30 months. Lastly, the greater the recession, the greater the recovery coming out of the recession. This recovery has been weaker than most. Keynesian economics failed mightily. The blue lines shown below are based on Obama administration estimates:

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Honestly how has your life changed because of the President?

May 13 2012, 9:11 PM 

That is exactly what They want you to believe. Turn the TV off and do your research. The mindless media delivery system that you sit in front of is not the truth.

http://youtu.be/5BpL6eQyXDs

Watch This

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Honestly how has your life changed because of the President?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
free hit counter
Page Views in 2009