Email Donna if something gets out of hand   Rules for the Foo Forum   Back to GA Forum II  

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Then and Now

May 30 2012 at 2:05 PM
Anonymous 

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous

4 more years, wait and see he will be re-elected.

May 30 2012, 4:31 PM 

You just can't bare to be on the wrong side. Obama is for the people and not the big Corporations, he's doing the best he can with all of the negative hypocrits he has to deal with. Instead of being part of the problem why not get behind our President and support his efforts to improve the living conditions for all Americans and not just the priviledged few?

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: 4 more years, wait and see he will be re-elected.

May 30 2012, 5:10 PM 

Tell ya what... if he cuts the multi-billion dollar entitlement program with Pakistan, I'll give him credit for a job well done. Until then he's just the campaigner and chief.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

4 more years and we will be Greece

May 30 2012, 5:21 PM 

"his efforts to improve the living conditions for all Americans and not just the priviledged few? "

Assuming that you are not a troll, what has Barry personally or as president, or senator, done to improve living conditions for everyone?

Who and what have been the past focus on the 'priviledged few?'

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Landslide Loss For Liberals and Democrats

May 31 2012, 6:31 AM 

This is just one of millions....

But wearing a Democratic label no longer matches what I know about my country and its possibilities, he said.

On the specifics, I have regularly criticized an agenda that would punish businesses and job creators with more taxes just as they are trying to thrive again, he said. I have taken issue with an administration that has lapsed into a bloc by bloc appeal to group grievances when the country is already too fractured: frankly, the symbolism of Barack Obama winning has not given us the substance of a united country.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-artur-davis-former-prominent-obama-backer-leaves-democratic-party-20120530,0,269770.story

This is going to the biggest loss for an incumbent POS in the history of this country that will never be surpassed.

Enjoy it while you can.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

We are better off now, it was worse with Bush

May 30 2012, 8:19 PM 

But you like Bush so of course you will disagree

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

give me five metrics

May 30 2012, 11:02 PM 

where we are better off...

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

.......How about just 2?

June 1 2012, 1:27 PM 

surely you can provide some evidence to support your claims?

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Bin laden dead, saved the car industry, saved the banks

June 2 2012, 1:43 PM 

And all that goes with that, extended unemployment to help workers, tried to save Healthcare but reps are stalling on that, halted student loan hike in rates, solidified the black vote, made history by being the first black president in a country who sold his forefathers as slaves.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

LOL, no I am serious

June 4 2012, 10:45 AM 

Bin laden dead,

That would be the Navy...

saved the car industry,

What? How about cash for clunkers? Nope, don't think this is one.

saved the banks

bailed out some cronies? How many banks have failed in the last 4 years? Nope, can't count this one.

And all that goes with that, extended unemployment to help workers,

With my money, and money from China. Nope, can't count this one.

tried to save Healthcare but reps are stalling on that,

Let's see, bent the cost curve down? Nope, my insurance went up and the coverage went down. Can't count this one, either.

halted student loan hike in rates,

The next bubble. Easy credit that can't be paid back. I know, ask my under-employeed kid with a Master's degree. Easy credit, not so easy to pay it back in this economy. And it should go up, and should be private credit, not government run. To 'lower' the costs of the Obamacare bill.

solidified the black vote,

It's been a democratic block my whole life...

made history by being the first black president in a country who sold his forefathers as slaves.

His father was from Kenya. His forefathers were probably the folks rounding up the less fortunate Africans to sell to the Portugese, to sell in the 'New World'. Nope, he does not even have that legacy to lean on.

Try for some more.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

You really are shameless.

June 4 2012, 7:19 PM 

As the commander in chief of the military Obama is part of the Navy, gave the order, and gets the credit just like any sitting President who did the same. Of course those that actually killed Bin Laden get credit and they did, just not by name.

Cash for clunkers has nothing to do with saving the car industry. The bailout did that.

Banks have failed but the ones that basically run the world needed to be saved or what we have now would look like a picnic given the spider web of financial chicanery that was and continues in our financial institutions.

Health Care reform is being stalled by the conservatives. Too early to tell long-term effects. My health costs went up a long time before Obama took office and I worked for a fortune 500 company.

An educated population saves money in the long run.

The black vote, well I don't understand the original comment and agree that it has been democratic for my lifetime.

The last response about slaves is pretty pathetic and clearly hateful without any basis on fact at all. You have no idea what his ancestors did or didn't do. For all we know your ancestors did the same, so please stop with the "probably" statements. Those are the statements of fools.

Have a great day.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

my 2 cents

June 4 2012, 2:51 PM 

"bin laden dead" - yeah, on intell from Bush.

"saved the car industry" - no, saved the unions. If they had been left to file bankruptcy, they could have re-structured debt/contracts with vendors and the union. Ford took no bailout money. Did you forget how many independent dealers were forced to close their doors? How many jobs you think were lost there?

"saved the banks" - how many small banks are out of business due to bad loans? Can you say Freddie Mac and Fannie May?

"extended unemployment" - so you tell me, how long do we pay for peole to stay home and do nothing. I personally know 2 people that would not take a job because they paid the same as their unemployment benefits. That's motivation for ya.

"save health care" - really? 270 million had health care plans. 30 million didn't. Ok, let's help them, not scrap the whole damn thing making ALL of our rates go up and service go down.

"halted student loan hike" - Brother, you really need to get out more. the dems put the increase in the original bill and now you want to give O credit for saying he wants to get rid of it?

"solidified the black vote" - now there's an accomplishment. I got a news flash for ya...the blacks already vote overwhelmingly dem. something to the tune of 93%

"made history by being the first black president in a country who sold his forefathers as slaves" - name one race that hasn't been enslaved at one point in history.

this was too easy. would you care to rebutt?

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

but

May 31 2012, 5:13 AM 

what if I didn't like Bush, am I still allowed to disagree?

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Then and Now
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
free hit counter
Page Views in 2009