Email Donna if something gets out of hand   Rules for the Foo Forum   Back to GA Forum II  

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

I have a question

July 24 2012 at 1:27 PM
Anonymous 

I'm listening to the John Gibson show and he's playing clips of black people saying that they absolutely believe that white people are voting against Obama just because he's black. Now I'll give you that there are some that will but just as many that will vote for him just because he's black.

my questin...do you folks out there believe that?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anon

Who is John Gibson?

July 24 2012, 1:45 PM 

And why are you listening to him? To answer your question, no, that's a bunch of crap from people who have no ability to argue the issues and are too lazy to come up with anything but the race card. Most people I know wouldn't care if the man was Martian green if his politics weren't destroying this country every day.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

he's a radio talk show guy

July 24 2012, 1:53 PM 

and I listen to him on the computer at work. why would you ask why I listen to him? I guess because I want to.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

You are not very bright then.

July 24 2012, 11:37 PM 

There of course are people who did not vote for Obama purely because he is black. Plenty of them. Just as many did not vote McCain because of Palin. If you can't accept that fact, then you are either kidding yourself or just plain stupid.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

When voting back in 2008 I was astounded how

July 24 2012, 5:00 PM 

many voters were going to vote for Obama because it was going to be a land mark election, the first black man to hold this office. When I explained he actually was half white, that sort of stunned them for awhile until they decided I must be racist and lying about his hertitage. They were voting for him becuase he was black. Fact.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Another fact: Palin scared voters off too

July 24 2012, 5:50 PM 

People that might voted for McCain were scared off by Palin.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Yeah right, you talked to how many people about his heritage??

July 24 2012, 11:39 PM 

What, you walked along the line telling everyone or did you use a megaphone? Again, yeah right......

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

didn't speak with everyone but the line was long and I waited

July 25 2012, 6:19 AM 

2 hours to vote at a new location because the number of voters had risen so an additional polling place was added. I've voted in every election and was amazed to see how long of a line I had to wait in, usually I'm in and out in 20 min. So the number of voters was way more and they were new to the voting registry (I also monitor polling places). So yes we talked and the line snaked around so I did see lots of new faces.

No bull horn tho, guess you didn't vote and were unaware of the long lines last election?

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Yes

July 25 2012, 8:02 AM 

Voter turnout was up in GA over 2004. 62.7% vs 56.4% of eligible voters in 2008 vs 2004 respectively. In actual numbers of voters it was an increase of 19%, 3.94 million vs 3.32 million. http://elections.gmu.edu/voter_turnout.htm.

However, my thought for the longer lines at some polling places was because of changes in where many were told to vote and the number of polling locations available. That being said there are many, many reasons why it takes longer at some polling stations than others no matter what the turnout, so guessing at the reasons is futile. http://www.hartic.com/files/LongLinesWhitePaper.pdf

I have voted in every election since I was able to. Five in GA and in two of those the lines were long, 1996 and 2004, and took about two hours. In 2008, I went back to the same polling location in 2000, and I was in and out in less than 40 minutes. In any case, very few people talked to each other about the election and if they did it was not about who or why they were voting, at least in the groups around me. I say groups because the lines snaked back and forth and you ended up next to different people as you moved forward.

Some interesting reading about voting and voter fraud

http://www.demos.org/publication/protecting-right-vote

http://www.redstate.com/davenj1/2012/06/10/the-disturbing-trends-series-part-4-caring-more-about-your-mastercard-transaction-and-less-about-voter-id/

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

I voted for Obama

July 24 2012, 8:21 PM 

I voted for Obama to prove I wasn't a racist.

Now I'm voting against him to prove that I'm not an idiot.

Please join me.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Please

July 24 2012, 11:43 PM 

do you even understand what you are saying? If you voted for him to prove you are not a racist then you ARE an IDIOT. What a stupid reason to vote for someone. What a fool.....

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Hello???

July 29 2012, 1:18 AM 

????

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

I don't care what color he is!!!!

July 24 2012, 11:59 PM 

I don't like his polituics he received from his white mother. The presidents mother was white and very liberal. In today's standards barack's father who was black would be conservative.

I don't care what color the president is. I don't like his liberal ideology. I am not voting for him due to his ideology not the color of his skin.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: I don't care what color he is!!!!

July 25 2012, 6:02 AM 

Agreed, but unfortunately there are too many 'voters' who are going to vote for him again ONLY because of the color of his skin. And of course there are those that will vote against him for the same reason.

The 'first black president' thing has worn off and has become old already. Let's move on to what he has actually done or not done.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

let us know what goes into the done column.

July 25 2012, 6:23 AM 

still waiting for him to stop playing golf and lead.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Incredible

July 25 2012, 6:50 AM 

The golf comment is tired and old and meaningless. If that is your biggest concern then your level of thinking is pretty low.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Incredible

July 25 2012, 7:07 AM 

I don't like anything about obama, and agree that his playing golf should be the least of our concerns.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Come on, there has to be something you like about the guy.

July 25 2012, 8:09 AM 

That is the problem with some people. They can't get past certain things to make other things work. I don't care for the politics of many individuals, but I can still find things that we both agree on or like in each other. Making a statement like yours is tantamount to putting your head in the sand or covering your ears and saying "na, na, na" like a two year old. Grow up.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

to tell you the truth? There is absolutely nothing I like about the guy.

July 25 2012, 8:29 AM 

I don't even think he's attractive.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

the guy or the President?

July 25 2012, 11:24 AM 

It might be fun to knock some balls around the links, or shoot some one-on-one, or knock back a berr or two with Barry. I don't know. I have a diverse group of folks I know, and some I call true friends.

This is not about liking the guy, however. This is about electing a president for these United States, and like it or not, the leader of the free world, ans parts of it that aren't.

If you don't lead, you follow. Do you want to follow Russia or China? THey certainly want to lead.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Can't list an accomplishment? But my comment about his golf game bothers you?

July 25 2012, 7:15 AM 

It is my opinion the only thing Obama has accomplished in a positive light (I will agre with you he has been a master at ruining) is his handicapp.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

What??

July 25 2012, 8:03 AM 

What does "I will agre with you he has been a master at ruining" mean?????

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

shall we start the ruining list?

July 25 2012, 8:28 AM 

Highest uneployment since Great depression
Said no closed door sessions yet he appointed Czars
Trillions in debt and still climbing
Bailouts did not regenerate economy
Clunkers failure
want more?

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

My guess is

July 25 2012, 1:30 PM 

that you never made it past the 8th grade........

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Wrong again you just continue to insult and never ever answer

July 25 2012, 3:27 PM 

I still know I do not like Obama as president. He has done nothing but harm to the economy and the status quo.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

he has done much of what he promised before being elected

July 25 2012, 4:01 PM 

healthcare reform being #1. are you happy with what healthcare costs have done in your lifetime? I am not. I would prefer a four page law over a multi thousand page law, but our Congress passed it and the president signed. its done.

lots of people heard him and like the message. some still do. so go vote, because it matters.

2008 was a landslide. if you want him out, you better bring trailer full of voters.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

2008 was a landslide.

July 26 2012, 1:10 AM 

well, not exactly

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

here it is "exactly"

July 26 2012, 7:55 AM 

The popular vote was 69456897 to 59934814, respectively or 52.9% of the popular vote. Not exactly a "landslide".

I have said before and maintain that he will NOT get the same vote as he did in '08. I will go farther and predict a loss for him. Why, way too many independants voted not for him but against Bush that won't make the same mistake now that Obama has shown his true colors.

Ya heard it here 1st.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

LANDSLIDE

July 26 2012, 6:47 PM 

Election 2008

President Barack Obama [D]
Main Opponent John McCain [R]

Electoral Vote*
Winner: 365
Main Opponent: 173
Total/Majority: 538/270

Popular Vote**
Winner: 69,297,997
Main Opponent: 59,597,520

http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/electoral-college/2008/election-results.html

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

so 53% of the popular vote

July 27 2012, 5:14 AM 

is a landslide in your opinion?

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

when its 50-50, Its even. winning by six points is a landslide.

July 28 2012, 3:33 PM 

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

so 3% better than half is a landslide?

July 30 2012, 8:46 AM 

me thinks not. But if it works for you, power to ya.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - I have a question
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
free hit counter
Page Views in 2009