Email Donna if something gets out of hand   Rules for the Foo Forum   Back to GA Forum II  

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

So Rush Limbaugh was a draft dodger?

August 5 2012 at 12:33 AM
Anonymous 

How unpatriotic- all because he had a wart on his butt

http://www.examiner.com/article/rush-limbaugh-dodged-vietnam-draft-due-to-a-boil-on-his-rear-end

Rush Limbaugh makes a living being overly critical of President Obama's foreign policy decisions, while advocating more aggressive outcomes. He often suggests that American lives be put in harm's way...but did you know that Limbaugh himself is a draft dodger? It's true. In fact, he avoided the Vietnam draft entirely because he had a pilondial cyst on his ***.

Logic says that he would have been able to fire a weapon just fine, cyst or not. Rush has had the lifelong appearance of a stout person, so a little extra walking around would have been agreeable to his figure.

The fact that he had a cyst is not to be debated. In fact his own mother corroborated the story according to, Paul D. Colford, one of Limbaugh's biographers. Apparently, according to family lore, his father was afflicted with the same ailment. His siblings also agree with this story.

Now this entire scenario was not known until Rush spilled the beans in 1992 during an appearance at 92nd Street YM-YWHA during a discussion. Apparently the moderator at the time, Jeff Greenfield, simply asked Rush if he had ever served in the military. This question had never been asked of Rush, and it is still a question that he avoids.

There is scant video or audio of this happening, but it has been reported by Snopes.com that Limbaugh very slowly and carefully said, "I had student deferments in college and, upon taking a physical, was discovered to have a physical uh, by virtue of what the military says, I didn't even know it existed a physical deferment and then the lottery system came along, when they chose your lot by birthdate, and mine was high. And I did not want to go just as Governor Clinton didn't."

In 2002 the issue came up again during a call-in from a listener to Limbaugh's show where he proclaimed it was 'popular mythology', and that it is 'just a bunch of internet BS' as in this excerpt from the transcript:

Listener: Rush you never mentioned how you dodged the Vietnam draft.

Rush Limbaugh: I didn't.

Listener: Yes you did. You claimed you had a boil on your butt.

Rush Limbaugh: No, you see, thats part of popular mythology that is out there that I have not whined nor complained about, Greg. But that is just a bunch of Internet BS and hyperbole. Never happened. Was not the cause, wasnt the case.

The story that Limbaugh likes to tell people, now that his draft dodging is public knowledge, is that he avoided the draft because he had an old knee injury from playing highschool football.

That story, too, doesn't hold much water as the coach at the time is on record saying that Limbaugh only played for one year, and has no memory of Limbaugh ever having a knee injury.

Taking all of these facts into account you have to ask yourself one thing. Would Rush's own mother lie about something, and if she would -- why would she lie about her son having a cyst?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous

Re: So Rush Limbaugh was a draft dodger?

August 5 2012, 8:44 AM 

So what?

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

An ultra right republican mouthpiece who is the poster child for

August 5 2012, 10:11 AM 

hypocrisy at almost every level. That's what.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Care to enlighten us on Obama's military career? Right he hasn't one.

August 5 2012, 12:45 PM 

So is he a draft dodger as well? He chose to avoid military service. A physical deferment made by the military is hugely different from moving to Canada to dodge it. Just because Limbaugh's number didn't come up doesn't make him a dodger.

Let us know how often O has denounced the military and how often he refers to them in a negative format. To date he is one of the least liked Commander in Chiefs. The officers stand when he enters because of their training but when he goes to speak at military gatherings the soldiers are commanded to respond if not they'd stand mute.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

dodger?

August 6 2012, 9:31 AM 

If he had a medical condition that prevented the military from taking him, that's not dodging.

Can you show that he fabricated information that kept him out of the military?

Was he in Canada? Was he in school?

This looks a lot like another red herring from the left. Can you show me otherwise?

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Bill Clinton had nothing but got out of military service.

August 6 2012, 9:15 PM 

Why does the left and liberals hate the folks who serve in the military?

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Why do "some"conservatives make stupid statements?

August 6 2012, 10:46 PM 

There are a great number of people on the left or liberal serving in the military. So liberals hate other liberals? Do you think that only conservatives died on 9/11 or that only conservatives died in all the wars fought by American troops? That only conservatives invent things or work hard or save for retirement.....

The problem with statements like yours is that there are people in this country who believe you. Now that is scary and the real danger facing this country.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Scary is people still worshipping Obama.

August 6 2012, 11:27 PM 

Yet with all of his failed policies they still trumpet his greatness and deem him viable for another 4 years. Yep I want to continue this massive rate of failings. Another 4 years of economic crisis which O has only made worse.

But hey Dems are still blaming it on Bush. O won't take responsibility for anything.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Why are Liberals incapable of independent thought?

August 7 2012, 12:47 AM 

If you are a Democrat please tell us your own idea of solving the deficit problem.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Still waiting on yours........

August 7 2012, 3:07 PM 

You are criticing what Obama has supposedly done all by himself. Please tell us exactly what he has done by himself and what you would do to correct whatever it is he has done. I have yet to see you, or anyone else who thinks like you on this site, explain either part of that question.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Still waiting on yours........

August 8 2012, 6:01 AM 

There have been unlimited examples. You are to just to hung up on Obama being black. People like you can not be reached and are a complete waste of time and energy.

You have been asked numerous times to post Obama's accomplishments only to be met with complete silence or a one or two meaningless sentence that had nothing to do with the subject at hand.

So here we are again.

Name Obama's accomplishments.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

You are the one criticizing Obama....

August 8 2012, 9:21 AM 

not me. And I'm not sure how "I" became the focus of all these questions. There are many who post on this site. You assume I am a liberal, when you know nothing about me. Many of us find people like you amusing because you assume, generalize and catagorize people based on a few comments. Based on what "you" continually say (of course, I don't know who you are or when and what you post, but to keep with "your" logic on who posts what, I'll go with "you" posting all the attack rhetoric) I would guess your are a member of the klan or neo-nazis, lost your job due to incompetance, watch Hannity and Beck religiously, think birth control is some how evil, believe the earth is only 6,000 years old and dinasaurs walked the earth with man. Pretty close, right. I know, it's amazing what you can deduce from just a few posts.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Here is a short list.....

August 8 2012, 9:32 AM 

http://pleasecutthecrap.typepad.com/main/what-has-obama-done-since-january-20-2009.html

You may not agree with some of them, but they are actions taken and accomplished.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

WHAT???????

August 8 2012, 9:52 AM 

Wow I read all of his so called accomplishments but the one which scared me crazy was the one which said O implemented steps to avoid a Bush Depression.. Sorry but the billions spent on bailouts belongs solely on O and after 4 years Obama has the still recorded highest unemployment rates in history and still climbing, the highest deficit tripled former Pres. Bush in just 3 years....this list is bogus.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Obviously, you did not read the entire list.

August 8 2012, 10:09 AM 

To call it bogus just confirms your ignorance. There are some items that make me say "hmmm" and some that benefit certain groups, but to say they are all bogus is just plain stupid.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

ROTFLMAO

August 9 2012, 10:06 AM 

I could NOT get through the list. It was such a joke. Reading that list, our economy is doing just great. Maybe Obama drinks his own Kool-Aid!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

And that is part of the problem.

August 9 2012, 10:34 AM 

People like you don't read to understand and get the full context. You can only process short silly sound bites and then rely on others to think for you. The list does not imply that the economy is doing well, it lists accomplishments of varying degrees in a number of different areas. Some impact the ecomony, some have nothing to with the economy. It shows that things are happening. You may not agree with some of the items passed or enacted. That is your right, but your comment that they are a "joke" just proves what an ignorant fool you are. Many of them are Republican ideas that he supports.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

here is one of them

August 9 2012, 11:07 AM 

55. Changed his mind and publicly expressed support for the right to enter into a same-sex marriage. http://bit.ly/JsiFKp

That ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

is an accomplishment? It doesn't make you laugh when you read it? Changed his mind? ha ha ha. There I go again.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

I'm an "ignorant fool" too.

August 9 2012, 11:35 AM 

I thought the list was a parody.

It starts with this: "He Returned The Executive Branch To Fiscal Responsibility After the Bush Debacle".
"Fiscal responsibility"? Obama's proposed budget was voted down 99-0 in the Senate. He's run up trillion dollar deficits every year he's been in office. What a joke.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - So Rush Limbaugh was a draft dodger?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
free hit counter
Page Views in 2009