The (new) Crosman Forum, your first and last stop for all things Crosman
  << Previous TopicReturn to Index  

Squirrel 69

October 18 2017 at 9:11 AM

Tom West  (Login urgthrash)
Crosman Forum Member
from IP address 75.90.132.63

It has been a while since i posted, thought i would share this one. Saw this fat mamma squirrel raiding my pecan tree. She was up really high estimated 75 ft and at over a 45 degree angle from my position. Needless to say i missed the first 2 shots as i held over to much for the angle. She did not know what was going on because of the shrouded air rifle so she came down lower for a better look at what that noise was. Big mistake! She crawled down to about 20 ft in the tree and peeked her whole body over to have a look and i put some lead in her chest ( heart shot ) . She came down with an authoritative thud dead before she hit the ground... Pellet ( Crosman Piranha ) almost went thru as you can see a bulge on her pack where the pellet came to rest.
Just thought id would share.[img][linked image][/img]
People ask why i hate squirrels...
I just reply when you spend a week in the attic in the Texas summer re-wiring the left side of your house you tend to rethink your view on squirrels.

For i am Become Death, Destroyer of Squirrels ! ( Oppenheimer Parody Quote )

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Springer72
(Login Springer72)
Crosman Forum Member

Re: Squirrel 69

November 11 2017, 9:00 AM 

75 feet up? Must be a huge tree! That should come in handy for those holiday pecan pies! Nice shot! Shooting up can sometimes be difficult. Gravity works differently at a hard angle like that. Usually with an extreme upward angle a hold under is required, rather than a hold over.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous TopicReturn to Index  

Crosman Corporation 1-800-724-7486

This forum is not affiliated with the Crosman Corporation in any way// Information presented in this forum is intended for informational purposes only; use at your own risk//Posts made to this forum are solely the opinion of the individual member