Return to Index  

Home Sweet Home

August 28 2007 at 8:56 PM
Score 5.0 (1 person)
Jana  (Login cezhart)
from IP address 75.81.2.243

Imagine my surprise when I came across this site as I'm 42 and have been vacationing in Chalk Creek Canyon since I was a baby & then brought my own children here. There are memories everywhere I look. St Elmo, Tincup, Hancock, Alpine Tunnel, camping in Chalk Creek campground & later my parents built a vacation home on a cliff across from the Young Life Ranch.
Though I live in Missouri, my imagination was born in the Colorado mountains. As a family we'd go out on a full moon to see the glowing chalk cliffs. You can see the holes, or caves, in the cliffs & hear about Indians hiding out there. There was the grave of a stage coach driver on my parents property.
It's been a couple of years since we've been out there & everyone is missing it terribly. It's like we need our Colorado "fix".
So glad to have found you. I'm including some links to pictures I have from back then.
I'm the young brunette girl.
IMG][/IMG]
The little outdoor church at Alpine.
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement