<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

I am enjoying all this solitude...

March 14 2007 at 6:10 PM
No score for this post

Dianna  (Login YellowRoseOfTexas)
Accepted Members
from IP address 70.123.204.20

....but there is a limit, is there anyone out there who loves ghost towns and wants to join me in my idle converstaion in this forum??? Feel Welcome!

~ Dianna

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

ColoradoGuy :)
(Login ColoradoGuy_in_Buena_Vista)
+ Accepted Members +

Well Dianna, you are getting a true St. Elmo experience! ...

No score for this post
March 17 2007, 9:22 AM 

Because solitude is something one better like to live in St. Elmo!

And yes, old ghost towns are very interesting. My visit to the ghost town of Turret last week was quite worthwhile. Did you see my photos?

http://www.coloradoguy.com/turret-colorado.htm

-Steve in Buena Vista, Colorado

Dianna
(Login YellowRoseOfTexas)
Accepted Members

sure did :)

No score for this post
March 17 2007, 6:33 PM 

Loved that pictorial...and of course I saw it.
Today took my dog for a walk in the great outdoors and was appalled by all the folks who go into the great otudoors and take the horrible indoors with them IE: loud blaring radios.... Made me think about St Elmo and that great peace and quiet of the great outdoors, and the way God intended the great outdoors to be!!

~ Dianna

This message has been edited by YellowRoseOfTexas from IP address 70.123.204.20 on Mar 17, 2007 6:35 PM

Julie
(Login JumpinJulie)
+ Accepted Members +

I agree

No score for this post
March 24 2007, 8:54 AM 

Yes, Dianna. I also wonder about walking around with a headset on outdoors. For one, it is dangerous... what if a car swoops down on you? I listen for vehicles. Number two, I like to listen to the sounds of the wind, birds, insects and trees while I am outdoors. Of course, sounds of the traffic whizzing by on the freeway are another matter

This forum doesn't get any traffic because it is not listed on Steve's Main List of Forums.

This is the first time I have checked in, although I click on the St Elmo page every day to see what the weather is doing in the area. I love the array of web cams on this web site!

^..^ Julie

Dianna
Accepted Members

Julie! :)

No score for this post
March 25 2007, 3:19 PM 

Hi!
it has been even more quiet in here than in the 'library' forum

~ Dianna

Julie
(Login JumpinJulie)
+ Accepted Members +

Well, Hello Miss Dianna!

No score for this post
March 27 2007, 1:10 PM 

I have missed messaging with you on the other forums
Hope you and your pets are well!
Yes, it must be because this forum is not on Steve's main list. Where is the Library Forum?!

^..^ Julie

Dianna
Accepted Members

Re: Well, Hello Miss Dianna!

No score for this post
March 28 2007, 7:54 PM 

Julie
(Login JumpinJulie)
+ Accepted Members +

Ahhh, yes, the "Quiet Forum" with the dude in the library! :) nm

No score for this post
April 10 2007, 2:24 PM 

^..^ Julie

Megan
(Login TX5dog)
Accepted Members

A little late but...

No score for this post
April 4 2007, 4:44 AM 

I am not quite a lover of ghost towns but I will say St. Elmo is one of my favorite of Steve's photo points. I love it when a new pictorial pops up about this peaceful and beautiful place!

Hope to someday see if in person... a nice warm day with bright blue skies, please!

Megan --

ColoradoGuy! :)
(Login ColoradoGuy_in_Buena_Vista)
+ Accepted Members +

Well Megan, just come on out to Salida/Buena Vista ...

No score for this post
April 7 2007, 8:20 PM 

... And I'll be happy to take you there!

Thanks for the encouraging words!

-Steve in Buena Vista, Colorado

Julie
(Login JumpinJulie)
+ Accepted Members +

I definitely want to go to St. Elmo this Summer, Steve!

No score for this post
April 10 2007, 2:25 PM 

Hopefully, Megan will be in for the Summer, too!

^..^ Julie

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement