Fuller Park & The Urban Legends of Athens, Texas

Next Topic >>Return to Index  

An Athens, Texas/Fuller Park Update

October 27 2006 at 2:13 PM
David R. Williams "Your Host"  (Login Hawk_The_Slayer)
Forum Owner

I can't believe some of the things you people either do or don't believe in. Let me tell you all some things right now. As a former student of the Old Henderson County Junior College (It will always be that too me), and also a relative of someone that lives in Athens (Anybody Know The Mills Family?) I can tell you about some of the truly weird & unusual things in and around Athens, Texas

FULLER PARK:

Fuller Park was originally built by The Now Deceased Reverend & Mrs. Fuller as an Animal Refuge Center & Zoo. it did in fact have a Monkey Cage filled with all sorts of Monkey's & other animals were there as well. From what I understand, the Fullers did in fact live on the property as well.

The Reverend & Mrs. Fuller are in fact buried there on the grounds, just inside the Front Gate. Funny thing about that though, the Monster Bar Fence around The Graves is new, The Evil Looking Posts have always been there with the Giant Chains, but not those cross bars in the pictures.

Anyway, back in the Early 80's, I went to school over at the college & I was a frequent visitor of Fuller Park. I liked the place. I Felt comfortable there. Guess that's why I laugh so much when ever a new Horror Flick comes out.

One night in October, ironically on a Friday The 13th, a bunch of us College Kids had gone to one of the Early Friday 13th/Jason Voorhees Movies & afterwards we all decided to go to Fuller Park for a Fright Fest.

Myself & about 3 other guys were the first to arrive & just as we entered the park & were walking past The Fuller's Graves, Mrs. Fullers Head Stone just fell over all by itself.

Needless to say, we all just about either sh** or pissed in our pants.

I personally walked over and picked her headstone back up and put it back in its rightful place where it belongs.

I can't help but notice now in all the pictures that I see, that her headstone is now laying on its side again.

Strange, Very Strange.

One time we went out there in the daytime, and we found Completely Full, Unopened Coors Beer Cans buried in the dirt in the Monkey Cages from like 1974.

I personally have in fact heard the Monkey Cages Rattle & The Monkey's Screaming on a Clear Quiet Night when the Moon has been full.

I have been back there a few times and fully intend on returning in the near future.

A Local Radio Station here in Dallas is thinking about making a trip out there this Friday, October 27th, 2006 just to see what all the hub-bub is about.

Either that (or) they are going to stay in Dallas & visit the Old Haunted Parkland Hospital where it used to be beside the Scottish Rite Hospital.

My Vote is for Fuller Park.

The "Brick" Fence surrounding Fuller Park is not made of Bricks. The Fence was built using Virgin Rock.

ATHENS, TEXAS:

(1) Anybody ever visit Blood Bridge just past & up the road from Fuller Park? It's just an Old Wooden Bridge that was purportedly known to Drip with Blood after something was killed there (Probably The Escaped Monkeys) many years ago.

(2) Just past Blood Bridge & to the Left of it in an Empty Field there is this Old Broken Down Shack, known only as "The House of Blood", where if you go inside it, into the Bathroom, you will see a Very Old Cast Iron Bathtub filled with Blood Stains from years past.

(3) On the main road just past The College on the right if memory serves is the "Half Moon Pool". Now this place is truly special and totally haunted. The Half Moon Pool was the site where a little boy was killed a very long, long time ago, and ever since that day, the pool will not hold water.

If you were to go out there and fill the pool with water, the next day, the water would be gone.

There is not a drain hole, there are no holes in the pool nor are there any cracks in the pool. The Pool refuses to hold water.

Oh Yeah, The Border around The Half Moon Pool?.....Virgin Rock

(4) On The Main Road Past The College on The Left just past The Half Moon Pool a ways, there is this House, Built out of Bricks & Virgin Rocks & in the Front Yard there is a Flower Bed built out of Virgin Rock.

The Flower Bed is in the shape of a Pentagram with a Circle around it.

According To The Legend, (Something I Have Actually Seen Once), every year, the Congregation of The First Baptist Church of Athens, Texas (The Very Same Church that has no record of Reverend Fuller ever being their Pastor), goes to this house and they plant flowers in this Pentagram Flower Bed, and they proceed to water them, and they keep the area Fertilized & they come back every once in a while to tend to the grounds and their seeds and water & Continue to Fertilize the area.

The Flowers Never Grow.....EVER..........

(5) One last thing, just behind the College, behind the Last Dorm in the left corner, there is a creek, that if you cross it, it will lead to what I have always believed to be as The Country Club.

Well, in the corner as you cross over the creek, there is this Barbecue Pit with a Picnic Table & Benches built in front of it. The Pit, The Table & The Benches are all built out of Virgin Rock.

Funny thing about those benches and that picnic table is, that you can't sit on the benches and get your knees underneath the Table.

WHY is that you might be asking yourself?

It's not a Picnic Table & They are not Benches to sit on.

They are Benches to Kneel on & The Table was not made for eating on, it was made to Sacrifice Virgins & other things on.

The Barbecue Pit is actually a Sacrificial Oven as well.

I personally don't know about the Tunnels, or The Pentagram inside the Loop around Athens, but i do know that Athens once was a Thriving Community of Satan Worshippers.

Oh Yeah, and up Highway 64 (or) 19, I can't remember the exact number of the road itself, but just on the edge of Edgewood, Texas, you REALLY Believe that The Ponderosa is a Nudist Colony?

This message has been edited by Hawk_The_Slayer on Nov 15, 2006 3:48 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Former Dallasite
(no login)

Nice Site, Tall Man

October 28 2006, 9:27 PM 

I used to live in Dallas but I'd never heard those stories.

Thanks for sharing-great forum. I hope it grows.

me
(no login)

Re: An Athens, Texas/Fuller Park Update

July 13 2009, 3:20 AM 

I live in Athens & love Fullers Park. There were never any monkeys that escaped. That is a lie. There is no way the original poster could have uprighted Mrs. Fullers gravestone himself. I have tried. Granite is too heavy to lift by oneself. LOL
It is so sad how idiots have defaced these 2 gravesites. It's horrible.
My daughter in law has, in fact, been in the tunnels when she was in high school. The entry she went into was in the Athens Cemetary.

youstilldontknowme
(no login)

July 28 2011, 2:38 PM 

Because of the fire that destroyed the church and another that burned Dr. Fullers home several years later, there are very few old records left.

The present structure was erected in 1918. It is of brick and concrete construction and stands as a very strong building today. It continues to be a monument to Dr. M. L. Fuller who served as the pastor at the time it was built, and continued his ministry for approximately a quarter of a century.

http://lovingtheworld.com/about/history/

SilverMist
(no login)

August 11 2012, 9:39 PM 

A Pentagram with a Circle around it is called a Pentacle and it's NOT "evil" and it has NOTHING to do with the Christian "God" Satan. A Pentacle is one of the symbols of the elements (Earth, Air, Fire, Water and Spirit). They are for protection!! They are also for the five wounds of Christ. Jesus is a Witch, like us all because He's a wise man, he's a healer, He loves and cares about people and animals, etc...just like all Witches. Blessed Be!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3701611151855&set=p.3701611151855&type=1&relevant_count=1
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=371154952906286&set=a.371154946239620.83001.180098072011976&type=3

leslie carroll
(Login lcarroll6)

Something many do not know

October 13 2012, 8:35 PM 

Just about two mybe21/2 ,miles past fuller park there used to be an old road it went up to an old big white house and it was known as the Old Coleman place or historically plantation house..i actually barely remember it i was about 5 years old .i think it was destroyed in the early 80s or late 70s. i can tell more later.i have family connection to it.my GRANNY BERTIE told us many old stories. its connected to some old Athens family names AS Carroll. Malcom and Loden .

Respond to this message   
  Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement