Fuller Park & The Urban Legends of Athens, Texas

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Your Input is Needed To Learn The Truth

November 18 2006 at 4:28 PM
  (Login Hawk_The_Slayer)
Forum Owner

A new found associate of mine & myself have decided to band together to find out the TRUTH surrounding the mysteries of Athens, Texas itself & of Fuller Park.

That being said, we require input from all who would be willing to come forth with ANY information you might have concerning the following subjects.

(1) Fuller Park - It's History, Current Owners, Etc,........

(2) The Tunnels Underneath Athens, Texas & Their Entrances

(3) The Satan/Devil Worshippers of Athens, Texas/Henderson County

(4) Witchcraft in Athens, Texas/Henderson County

(5) The Rumored Pentagram of Streets inside Loop 7

(6) The Where-abouts of 1985 Athens High School Graduate Rachel Massey Duncan.

(7) The Fire That Burned Down The Old Country Club Clubhouse

(8) The Fire That Burned Down The Original First Baptist Church of Athens, Texas

(9) Sugar Hill in Frankston, Texas & it's Connection to Athens, Texas

(10) ANY Information about Todd Talbert & His Eventual Death

Any Information you have can be sent to me via my actual e-mail address of Odin1964@hotmail.com (or) you can simply leave your comments here in this Website/Forum.

I Would Just Like To Say Thank You For Any Help That You Are Willing To Give To Us.

David R. Williams

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(no login)

ok,I can help with a bit of this

January 22 2007, 4:14 PM 

I know the answer to where I am and about the widespread Witchery and how far it is wound into the tapestry of its history.As well as who is considered one of the main Pagans in the area.He is a now retired juvenile officer.Ill be happy to work up a piece for you.

Rachel Massey Duncan
(no login)

a bit more I have heard of as well

January 24 2007, 12:58 PM 

Now the tunnels do/did exist and yes they too formed a pentacle/pentagram.The entrances were sealed with concrete(or so Ive heard) because of the people that kept exploring what had become a severely dangerous place.Im not positive about this but it was rumored they burned/hung people(in the tunnels) they suspected of witchery a couple of hundred years ago.Most of the people werent really what they were accused of,much like the Salem witch trials.It was also a rumor that a small child got locked in the tunnels and it had something to do with why they sealed them off.I dont know for certain why they concreted them off.Im only repeating what I have heard.

Dawn
(no login)

Monkees

July 22 2007, 5:37 PM 

I think that some of the rumors about the monkeys come from "Monkey Road" and "Thunder Bridge" which are in another part of town from Fuller Park.
When I first moved to Athens in 1979, a neighbor and his friend took me out across Thunder Bridge which is an old wood bridge that makes a thunderous noise when you drive across it fast.
On the way to Thunder Bridge they told me that there used to be a circus in town. After the circus disbanded the monkeys were set free and sometimes you could still hear them out by Thunder Bridge.
Just after crossing the bridge they pulled over so one could relieve his bladder. While he was doing this against a fence line, there was an "eee eee eee" sound that somewhat sounded like monkeys. It was actually a squeaky hinge on a gate and it was a favorite trick of the guy at that time to try a freak out girls who didn't know better.

(no login)

juvenile officer

October 29 2008, 10:47 PM 

Is he not dead? I know his son died a couple of years ago in a motorcycle accident. Last I heard b4 I left Athens was that F.L. moved to Colorado (with a few of his "friends") and later died in the early 90's. This was according to someone who knew his son, S.L. pretty well.

I knew S.L. very well in the mid 80's and have been to his home on several occasions. I have seen his altar and some of his "other things". I always knew of the rumors but after hanging out with his meth-head son and seeing his creepy fucking home, I have no doubt who he was (is).

I left Athens in 1989 and havent looked back until I saw Justin M's Youtube doc. Brought back a whole shit load of memories. I am happy that it is being brought up. Gotta love the internet!

(no login)

Information

August 18 2009, 1:45 PM 

I posted this on Justin's site then saw that you were looking for info so I am just going to cut and paste what I put on his site. Maybe some of it will help:

Everyone wants to know where the entrances to the tunnels are. The problem in answering this questions is, the entrances are for the most part, covered up and concealed now. You want to know where an entrance is? The Cain Center. There. There is one answer for you. Yes, I have personally been to it. At the time, I was young and stupid and did not travel down the tunnel, fearing satanic cults until I grew up and realized that was all a smoke screen for what may really be going on.

The year would have been somewhere around 1983. Like many of the young people in that small town, we were told that the tunnels were used for Satanic ritual (which sounds pretty ridiculous now that Ive studied Satanism). I was taken to the entrance, which was the land that the Cain Center is on now, but at the time was a construction site. The parking lots and drives leading to them had been laid because thats what we drove on to get to the site. We had to stop the car in one such parking lot and walk on foot to the entrance which I guess was probably about 50 feet away from where we parked.

At the time, the entrance was concealed in thick brush. Once at the entrance, it was very easy to tell that this was not some primative looking tunnel used by the underground railroad, or satanists for that matter. This was a huge, elaborately masoned bricked tunnel. It was large enough to easily drive a vehicle into, and too large to be a sewer. I remembered being surprised at how well made it truly was. It was not made of the red/brown virgin rock from Fullers park, at least from what I recall of it.

Years later I tried to return but could never again find the entrance. However, here was this MASSIVE recreation center spanning some 38 developed acres where the entrance used to be! That is massive! All that for a little town with a population of maybe 5k-8k back then. Strange, huh? Google satellite it sometimeits MASSIVE!

Ive been to Fullers Park. We used to scare each other there to pass the time. Ive seen the graves and the well (yes, the well does/did exist). It didnt strike me as anything odd. The cages, not too odd either. Ive never seen a tunnel entrance nor had I heard one existed there until nowadays. I have never heard that the tunnels formed a pentagram shape either. I have heard that the pentagrams above ground are spaced in such a way that they create one larger one if viewed from the sky.

I have been to the pentagram too, at least one (there are supposedly 5). I stood in the middle of it actually. As a 12 year old (who had a strong interest in the occult), I made a point of trying to memorize the address. Since I have become and adult and started my own research project on Athens, I tried to return to the pentagram about 5 years ago. I could not find it (or the house I remembered it being at). I am unsure if my memory failed me in retaining the proper address, or if the pentagram was just simply gone.

The address, as I recall, was 2526 Palestine Hwy. There were huge gate pillars in the front (but the gate was never closed), much like the ones at Fullers Park. The house was set far back from the Hwy and it had a huge U-shaped driveway. The pentagram was between the house and the street on the inside of the U-shape. The pentagram was made from a reddish brown brick or rock (could have been virgin rock).

I viewed Justins documentary videos on youtube. I was excited to hear there was another Athens project besides my own as I never finished mine, and I was very close to handing my research over to him so that it would help. But once I saw his Wiccan source on the video, I lost all respect. I hope he finishes the project but from a more professional standpoint. Please find a better Wiccan representation than a crude lady in a KORN t-shirt. (no disrespect to KORN of course, LOVE them!). But Wiccans deserve more respect than that.

I contacted several professors at HCJC during that time who were more than happy to tell me of the history of the tunnels as they applied to the underground railroad. I also ran across a lady who wrote for the Tyler newspaper who had done research on the tunnels as well. So the tunnels DO exist. There is no doubt. The problem is getting to them.

I interviewed a few people who lived there and who swore to the fact that the archived newspapers had been altered to remove information vital to the reasons they exist, including one murder.

Now, some things to think about for all of you conspiracists:

The small, sleepy town of Athens, Texas (pop. 5,300) has the enviable reputation of producing more millionaires per capita than any other place in the U.S. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1069698/index.htm

The Bushs maintain a residence nearby http://www.athensreview.com/opinion/local_story_077224005.html).

The rich and powerful have their own playground called the Koon Kreek Klubironically, KKK. http://www.forbes.com/2006/02/17/hunting-cheney-whittington-cx_kdt_0217cheney.html)

Athens has a huge concentration of freemasons. (my personal knowledge, being my grandfather was a 32nd degree mason)

Ive read that Athens is a busy drug highway pitstops from Mexico into the US.

There is a huge good ol boy network there with references of people being murdered and also injected while in prison.

Satanists dont go literally under the ground to perform their rituals. Cmon now. They have plenty of places above ground!

With those things being said, one may want to research underground tunnels in reference to government and also to military black ops projects. And, if lets say, the powers that be werehiding.something.in the bible belt, what better way to keep it hidden than to perpetuate big evil satanist rumors.

And if youre still stuck on the satanic rituals then research Bohemian Grove Rituals.

Just my two cents.

(no login)

?????

October 10 2010, 10:42 AM 

As a native of Athens texas since 1969 and a really good friend of someone involved in the occult for many years, I have a few answers for you. I met the duaghter of the man who was the high priest in the occult movement in Ahtens. ( Oh by the way In 1984 the Cain Center was completely built and ther was not any construction going on at that time). Back to my story.
She took me to her fathers house which had an entrance to the tunnels in the basemnet of his house. Go to the arcive papers for the AAthens paper for the year 1984 or 1985 there is a very correct artical that tells the story of fuller park. This article was written by a native of Athens who had their facts straight. All this speculation is explainable, you just need the right source for your info. Also the "Tunnels" were built for war time. In the event of an invasion, these were a way of escape out of the city.

(no login)

?????

October 10 2010, 10:43 AM 

As a native of Athens texas since 1969 and a really good friend of someone involved in the occult for many years, I have a few answers for you. I met the duaghter of the man who was the high priest in the occult movement in Ahtens. ( Oh by the way In 1984 the Cain Center was completely built and ther was not any construction going on at that time). Back to my story.
She took me to her fathers house which had an entrance to the tunnels in the basemnet of his house. Go to the arcive papers for the AAthens paper for the year 1984 or 1985 there is a very correct artical that tells the story of fuller park. This article was written by a native of Athens who had their facts straight. All this speculation is explainable, you just need the right source for your info. Also the "Tunnels" were built for war time. In the event of an invasion, these were a way of escape out of the city.

Knows the Truth
(no login)

Re: Your Input is Needed To Learn The Truth

August 11 2012, 10:06 PM 

"(3) The Satan/Devil Worshippers of Athens, Texas/Henderson County"...The devil worshipers are the Christians. Pagans, Wiccans, Witches worships The GOD and GODDESS!

"(4) Witchcraft in Athens, Texas/Henderson County"....Witchcraft is EVERYWHERE not just Athens, and people not just Witches do Witchcraft EVERYDAY in their lives. Cooking is Witchcraft, cleaning is Witchcraft, Blowing out candles on a Birthday cake is Witchcraft, etc, etc. WITCHCRAFT IS NOT "EVIL"!

(no login)

I've been brought back

May 18 2014, 4:00 AM 

I was born in old hospital my parents were involved in Wicca and other crafts I am king Leo returned I've been to the dark lords residence in my third vision I'm his son or I was sold to him but I stand for the light and he allowed me to choose left or right when I left the drive way. My fathers family have been here for a long long time. I have a grand story to tell of a village of faceless flesh eating demons and souls gathered in people's sleep as well as what I think is coming to this land. Some one should look into who I am and my journey and my entire revaluation since I've returned to my birth land

Current Topic - Your Input is Needed To Learn The Truth  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement