Great discussion folks! Keep it up!by benign0 (no login)
That is right. Rich people create movies and run the media empires that market and distribute them. They don't care for the quality or message of their products as long as they make money. That's just business. Nothing personal. If there is a market for selling garbage at P100 a pound, why should I not get into that business? In fact, the Philippines used to import (and still does) junk from other countries. Our taxi fleets back in the 80's were supplied by cars that would otherwise have ended up in junkyards in Japan. Our buses are all outmoded smoke belchers imported from there as well.
So the fact is, the Philippines is indeed a really lucrative market for sellers of crap.
The portrayal of rich people in Pinoy entertainment media is of the kind that gives the underclass the comfort that it is better to be blessedly poor than wickedly rich. What makes them feel good is worth spending for. And as a moview producer, I'd be keen to make movies that appeal to underclass tastes.
You said "The topic was HARDWORKING not efficiency".
But then work is part of the formula of efficiency. Considering that there is not tagalog word for "efficiency", I think you ought to know its simple definition: Efficiency is output per unit of work. A Pinoy worker that is able to wash 3 asses in 1 hour is more efficient than a Pinoy worker who is able to wash only 1 ass in the same time.
Banging your head against the wall for one hour is hard work. Working in an office for one hour is not hard work. But then which of the two actually yields results?
Yan ang hirap sa Pinoy e. Hindi results-oriented. Kaya panay hard work nalang ang na pala.
Posted on Jun 20, 2006, 4:09 PM
from IP address 22.214.171.124
Respond to this message
Goto Forum HomeResponses
- Mali, mali, mali.. Lemuel G. Abarte, Jun 20, 2006, 5:56 PM
- Lily Monteverde started with nothing? MALI!. Feling, Jun 20, 2006, 7:23 PM
- You should not tell Benigno about that.. Lemuel G. Abarte, Jun 20, 2006, 7:37 PM
- Facts are from Google info on Regal films. Feling, Jun 20, 2006, 8:36 PM
- And why. Feling, Jun 20, 2006, 8:48 PM
- Great Discussion? Will you look at what you're saying?. Red Angel, Jun 20, 2006, 11:29 PM
- You got it Red..you got him!. CoeL, Jun 21, 2006, 10:48 AM
- Maybe.... Red Angel, Jun 21, 2006, 11:37 AM
- Its easy to accept ignorance. CoeL, Jun 21, 2006, 12:39 PM
- True, Very True.. Red Angel, Jun 21, 2006, 12:51 PM
- Don't give up on him yet. Feling, Jun 21, 2006, 2:44 PM
- an empty sacks. CoeL, Jun 21, 2006, 5:33 PM
- Not really empty. Feling, Jun 21, 2006, 6:59 PM
- There's nothing to give up.. Red Angel, Jun 21, 2006, 8:23 PM