Quantum refers to the discontinuity of events in natureby Lemuel G. Abarte (no login)
Whilst unbelief consists of logical progression from basic principles of reason, faith is not of such nature. Quantum has the notion of a jump from a quantified energy level to another.
You could consider the discontinuity in the phases of water and the idea of specific heat, for example. The phase surface has jumps in it. Virulence of bacteria is a quantum leap. Electrons jump from one energy level to another.
Faith is a leap, not necessarily associated with reason but a transfer from one knowledge base to another. Conversion could only be explained in this manner, as when a person completely leaves his former state of thinking or manner for something else. We see changes in the life of a person after his apprehension of truth.
Posted on Dec 4, 2006, 10:10 PM
from IP address 220.127.116.11
Respond to this message
Goto Forum HomeResponses
- Do you really believe it...?. CoeL, Dec 5, 2006, 12:48 PM
- Faith is a gift from God. Lemuel G. Abarte, Dec 6, 2006, 9:29 PM
- Your arguement hangs on a possibility... CoeL, Dec 7, 2006, 5:58 PM
- When there is no possibility, then there is no faith. Lemuel G. Abarte, Dec 10, 2006, 4:31 PM
- Is it...?. CoeL, Dec 13, 2006, 8:56 PM
- We are wrestling with an issue that's happening all over America. Lemuel G. Abarte, Dec 15, 2006, 7:18 PM