I dont think so...do you?by CoeL (no login)
I am not sure how much threat is secular humanism among Filipinos in the Philippines. If such exist then it will compete for the hearts and minds of the Filipinos. As we can see it in the western world, its ideas and beliefs are diametrically opposite to that of Christianity.
I think you missed the real issues regarding this abortionist....correct me if I am wrong. It is very apparent she transgressed the Devine Law and violated the practice of medicine left to the trained and license physicians to perform.
The Good Old Book does not specifically mention about abortion but the doctrines
and beliefs of most Protestant churches and Roman Catholics are based on the fifth commandments: Thou shalt not kill, because human a life belongs to God and He alone has the right to decide when ones time is up. If the abortionist is a Roman Catholic, the Church has the right to imposed its doctrinal laws. And, as this abortionist is not medically trained to practice her trade thus endangering her patients, the government has the right to run after her. I am not a Catholic, but I would presume that the Church being an iglesia has a concience by itself and knowing what is happening, is obligated morally and spiritually to divulge some information to stop her. With this in mind, I do not see any semblance of secularism.
Posted on Feb 2, 2007, 5:33 PM
from IP address 22.214.171.124
Respond to this message
Goto Forum HomeResponses
- Is the State religious?. Lemuel G. Abarte, Feb 2, 2007, 6:11 PM
- Thin gray line..... CoeL, Feb 2, 2007, 9:01 PM
- The State is religious. Lemuel G. Abarte, Feb 5, 2007, 6:27 PM
- Re: The State is religious. beleiver, Feb 5, 2007, 9:41 PM
- Yes, they do not have a clue....... CoeL., Feb 6, 2007, 8:33 AM
- The issue that divides us. Lemuel G. Abarte, Feb 6, 2007, 6:19 PM
- "......church and state". CoeL, Feb 6, 2007, 8:05 PM
- The State has every individual. Lemuel G. Abarte, Feb 7, 2007, 7:21 PM
- Re: Is the State religious?. i don't think so, Feb 3, 2007, 1:26 PM