CyberForum

Facts remains thesame inspite of what you think.

by CoeL (no login)

Religious? You are talking about the separation of church and state...and now you are claiming that since America is not religious you have doubts about her being a Christian nation. Non-religious and religious person who believes fundamentally in God are still Christians and being religious per se another aspect. I, myself, is non-too-religious.

There is no sense arguing these issues if you are not for the effect of it. If the existing government can not pass laws for the betterment of the majority, do you think they will do something for a few? Is that being realistic?

By the way, what were the “moral tones” of the Filipinos before Spaniards and Americans came?
And what are really there to change for except for the legal rights of the few? Will these change make the Filipinos more civil? Societies are not founded on ideals but rather on the nature of man....evil. Our basic instinct generates a habit followed by feelings...such is the total sum of a man. However, since we love freedom and such freedom in a society requires some limitations base on morals. Where are these morals coming from? Mostly, if not all, from Judeo-Christian beliefs. Those who can not control their instinct and old nature are less to succeed in life compared to those who can. Make these freedom absolute....secular....and you will have chaos.

France did not helped America for the reasons you stated. They knew they will be defeated by the British superior forces....they preferred a safe passage out knowing that eventually the Americans will win. One should not forget that France was a religious state prior to being a secularist. I cited this nation to show vividly the effects of secularism by their neurotic rapid changes in moral conduct and values previously opposed by their Christian religion. Since then it retarded their growth, I would say, because of their blind addiction with their “rights.”

Whatever rights the government enforces is legal. Our morals are rules by which our society exhorts us to comply consistent with our religion, security and for the advancement of our economic growth. While this will not apply to all but to majority of the people....this, do not forget, is the essence of democracy...the government is for the majority and not for the few.

Posted on Feb 15, 2007, 12:14 PM
from IP address 71.227.129.93

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. You might have missed my emphasis. Lemuel G. Abarte, Feb 15, 2007, 6:24 PM
    1. No...your ideas are oblique to what really is..... CoeL, Feb 16, 2007, 8:44 AM
      1. What religion do you want? You have not answered from your argument from history. Lemuel G. Abarte, Feb 16, 2007, 4:54 PM
        1. what questions...?. CoeL, Feb 16, 2007, 6:15 PM
          1. What religion....?. CoeL, Feb 16, 2007, 6:59 PM
            1. What is secularism?. Lemuel G. Abarte, Feb 18, 2007, 6:23 PM
              1. Who told you.... CoeL, Feb 18, 2007, 7:30 PM
                1. The John Adams in every member of the human race. Lemuel G. Abarte, Feb 18, 2007, 10:36 PM
                  1. John Adam's strong beliefs is what you see now..... CoeL, Feb 19, 2007, 12:11 PM
                    1. The issue I raised remains unanswered. Lemuel G. Abarte, Feb 19, 2007, 4:48 PM

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

WWW.NEWSFLASH.ORG